Should Gundam go back to one of the non-UC timelines?

Sunrise and Bandai love to Stroke the Universal Century's maine for all it's worth, but this may be changing, with the recent re-make G Gundam is getting in manga form.

Fan's have been asking/wanting for awhile for the powers that be to go back and make a new series in one of the Existing timelines. By what i can see, new series set in the Future Century (G) or After Colony (Wing) are ones alot of western fan's want to see.

My question is, would it be a good idea to go back to those or any other Timeline (After War, Correct Century, Cosmic Era. It's probably too early to go back to Anno Domini) for a new, full series? Or should they keep going on into new lines? or just stick with the Cash Cow UC?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice to see something new, and not 00 related for a change...

Shame Gunpla builders is an OVA though, it has a really interesting concept I think...can't comment on the actual anime as I haven't seen it yet.

And before anyone asks: No I don't hate 00
 
Anything that's not related to the 00-era or the Cosmic Era. Not that I am saying that I despise like Gundam 00, in which I don't.

But, I am just saying it needs to something in a refference another timeline.
:sayin:
 
Well, we don't need to go back to AD since A Wakening of the Trailblazer pretty much finished any remaining story that would have been left.

I never want to go back to AC again. I don't care if Wing was everybody's first/favorite Gundam series, I'm done with that part of the franchise.

That being said GO BACK TO THE FC! YOU SAID "SEE YOU AGAIN AT THE NEXT GUNDAM FIGHT" A-HOLES!
 
Well they can't really go back and do more AC since Endless Waltz ended with it saying it was basically the last war in the history of ever.

I would love to see Under the Moonlight animated but since Gundam X was canceled, I can't imagine anyone wanting to fund it. I would think FC is the only timeline that you could actually revisit, but I would say it's probably too old at this point.
 
Well they can't really go back and do more AC since Endless Waltz ended with it saying it was basically the last war in the history of ever.

Well, they lied.
Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop, currentlly running in Gundam Ace, is set 30 years after Endless Waltz. Basically the Preventers froze Heero on Mars not long after EW and thawed him out to to carry out some mission. It also details the background's of Heero and Treize Khushrenada before the series.
 
New FC, please. I want to see more hot-blooded FC-style Gundam action. (I.E. less lasers more ripping faces off, beam swords, and other more physical things)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top