I am not sure if they let you add female characters to Final Fantasy 15 these days, by now. They mentioned that you could add female guests to gameplay in Final Fantasy 15, awhile back in the future. So that would be interesting to have the guys cruising down the highway with some girls in that car they drive- but of course that would change the whole way they react to things. They do mention adding the option for female guests to join though, to the Final Fantasy 15 game - in the video below !

Administrator
Staff member
15 might have female characters on subsequels. Something along the lines of 4-2, 10-2 or 13-2. That option is not available on base game for now.

Administrator
Staff member
Square Enix is capable of doing this because they did it with 11 and 14 but those games are MMORPG with no clear linear plot.

These are the hairstyles you can choose in Final Fantasy 14 if you are male
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The Replay Value will be the major factor because you will have 2 different experiences when you Play the character as male or female. The story may also alter, let's say a certain character will be hostile to you if you are male but will be nice to you if your female, vice versa.

Final Fantasy 14 gives you an option beyond gender and skintone too.

You have choices for your character's race or species.

They didnt use the Viera or the Rabbit people though.
viera_sketch_by_lelia.jpg

I think customizable characters are actually easier for an offline game.

Administrator
Staff member
Since Square Enix is able to pull this off to MMORPG's, I think this should be an option for a future title that is offline. The replay value will be multiple times. Just give the main character a Gender Neutral name so it will be easier for the programmers since they wont have to name the character twice adding more jobs for the voice actor.

Administrator
Staff member
Square Enix is richer than the creator of Saint's row before THQ closed down. I am pretty sure character customization can be pulled of by Square Enix.

I won't mind the main character having selectable gender, I just hope they have a good canonical male and female design so I won't be customizing a character. I am too lazy for that. Just give me a good default design so I can skip.

I know, that is why I mentioned scripted (or, in other words, fixed) romance. The only potential issue is the possible controversy that would arise from the possibility of having gay/lesbian relationships in the game ( but then again Mass Effect has that as well and yet is pretty popular so...).
I don't know if that will be controversial knowing the fanbase 15 attracted. Maybe in Muslim countries but they are not really a major gaming community and their countries can have a censored version. Also they don't have to kiss. Squall and Rinoa never kissed.They just hugged.

I seriously wouldn't mind any kind of character choice for the game but if I'm meant to have a say, I would like to have a mixture of both straight, gay and lesibian characters in the game because it's going to cover lots of ranks of people in the society playing the game.

I don't mind if they would do it like Mass Effect. However, they might have to change a lot of conversations or interactions with party mates and other persons. A male character should react differently from a female character and this would take a lot of time to develop.