Giving the players the opportunity to chose the sex of the characters is going to be a huge task for the game developers. Personally, I don't prefer a one sided sex FF game just like FF 15 had to be a male lead character game. Some people had issues with this while others didn't but I prefer to have it being a mix up of both male and female characters.

Administrator
Staff member
Well many games had successfully did it with an ease. The Saint's row series and Mass effect series have done that successfully. There rumors that the Next Zelda Game will give people an option to make Link a female.

Also Square Enix had given that Option in 11 and 14 but they never had that option in offline titles. Final Fantasy's rival Persona also have the option.

So You didnt play 6,13 and X-2 because all of those games have female leads. Specially X-2 where it is composed by an all female team lead by Yuna and her team mates are females too.
Yep got bored with that perspective. I don't mind team mates and enemy as female leads. I have problem playing as a female POV lead.

Administrator
Staff member
In my case I am so secure of my sexuality that character's gender dont matter. I hate 15's all male homerotic gay baiting cast but I still played because it is a good game. 6 is the greatest Final Fantasy game of all time.

Also I will rather have a female character than a underage stripper like Vann.

Last edited:
Well many games had successfully did it with an ease. The Saint's row series and Mass effect series have done that successfully. There rumors that the Next Zelda Game will give people an option to make Link a female.

Also Square Enix had given that Option in 11 and 14 but they never had that option in offline titles. Final Fantasy's rival Persona also have the option.

Then if other games have done this and it was a good success, I do not see anything wrong with Final Fantasy developers taking out a page from their book and doing the same just to satisfy their patronizers. If this is done, I believe it's going to make a lot of people happy.

Yep got bored with that perspective. I don't mind team mates and enemy as female leads. I have problem playing as a female POV lead.

Haha, seriously you have a problem playing as a female POV lead in Final Fantasy. This means that you would so much enjoy playing the Final Fantasy 15 series of the game because it's a male lead character POV.

In my case I am so secure of my sexuality that character's gender dont matter. I hate 15's all male homerotic gay baiting cast because it is a good game. 6 is the greatest Final Fantasy game of all time.

Also I will rather have a female character than a underage stripper like Vann.

You must really hate the plot and character lead in Final Fantasy 15 because from how you analyze things, I can seriously feel it in your tone. If it's up to you, the FF 15 series of the game would have been scrapped off by now.

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, seriously you have a problem playing as a female POV lead in Final Fantasy. This means that you would so much enjoy playing the Final Fantasy 15 series of the game because it's a male lead character POV.
Or he enjoys the homoerotic bromance between five commercially attractive dudes.:D:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with it though. If the main character's gender is customizable though everyone will be happy.

One of the main rivals of Final Fantasy is Fire Emblem. It's main character is named Corrin and you have an option to make him male or female.

375px-Corrin_Fates.png

340px-Full_Portrait_Corrin_%28F%29.png

Or he enjoys the homoerotic bromance between five commercially attractive dudes.:D:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with it though. If the main character's gender is customizable though everyone will be happy.

One of the main rivals of Final Fantasy is Fire Emblem. It's main character is named Corrin and you have an option to make him male or female.

375px-Corrin_Fates.png

340px-Full_Portrait_Corrin_%28F%29.png

This looks very interesting, if one can get all Final Fantasy characters to be set up or most of them to me made this way, I'm definitely sure that most players would be appreciative of the upgrades.

This is definitely a good idea. I see more gamers getting involved if this happens cause if there is anything I've learned is people like to experiment more than they would care to admit.