I know, that is why I mentioned scripted (or, in other words, fixed) romance. The only potential issue is the possible controversy that would arise from the possibility of having gay/lesbian relationships in the game ( but then again Mass Effect has that as well and yet is pretty popular so...).
Gay Marriage exist in Final Fantasy 14 and there is no controversy. Look at these brides.
8258f680a62bb1c2824b2cb2a72e77f61a1bb183.jpg

There is controvesy though when the taller races are given the ability to marry lalafels. It looks disturbing and wrong.

20141210_エターナルバンド01.png

I hope we won't have Lalafels on the game if we are going to have the ability to choose which character to romance. Also I hope infidelity can affect the story like a teammate who is your lover will join the villains if you are caught cheating.

I like the idea of being able to choose which of our team mates can be our love interest.

Administrator
Staff member
People who are too lazy to customize can simple use default male or default female. They must also have a fixed name so dialogue recording will be easy.

Some players prefer male protagonist, some players prefer female protagonist. Many games have gender options for main characters now so it should be considered for a sequel that is single player.

Mai

If we will have such customization, I hope they will have live voice actor choices for both male and female because I don't like ice cold protagonists with no personality. An option to become evil will be cool too for replay value sakes.

Administrator
Staff member
I want selectable personalities too because I don't want another Squall or Lightning. Voice acting can make a huge difference with personalities.

For players like me who is too lazy to create a character, I hope default male and default female will look good for people who wants to skip customization if they will do this.

15 might have female characters on subsequels. Something along the lines of 4-2, 10-2 or 13-2. That option is not available on base game for now.
We never had subsequels though, The dlc of this game even got cancelled . It got abandoned because of change in creative team and the firing of the director. It still stings me that this game's dlc got cancelled despite of the good sales.