School bans homemade lunches for health reasons

Things like that, that make me happy to live in Denmark... School is paid through taxes... The school cafeteria is already rather healthy, and most schools here doesn't even have a cafeteria.

Sometimes... I don't get the US Government... Then again Bush got to stay and meh.

-Outsider Comment.
 
total bs I bet I can find more fatty stuff in the school lunch than the kids take with them. also I'm sure most of the same schools most likely have vending machines in them to boot!
 
O.o
Did he have to have a special diet?

No :laugh: He was just Cuban (like myself), he liked Cuban sandwiches, and he paid them to make them whenever he felt like it :P

I'm glad this wasn't in place while I was in school. The slop the cafeteria fed me as a child was revolting. However, I hope they do institute better and healthier foods in the lunchrooms.

Hopefully no more mystery meat, taco salad with wilted lettuce, and chicken (?) nuggets.

Yeah, same here :laugh: Well, if what they say is true, then things are changing for the better, but, at the same time, people still have diets and things like that. If someone is a body builder (let's say), then he has a certain diet plan in place. I remember reading a few pages back that if you DO get a Doctor to sign something you're good, but why does it have to get to that point? This is a whole other way for the government to try and control our lives and say that it's "good for us". While I understand that "teaching" someone something is a good thing, but it should be their choice whether to listen or not.

If this is happening in Elementary school, then fine. But I find it extremely idiotic that they're going to make a highschooler eat healthy, yet, if he/she is outside, at he right angle., they could be not be caught smoking...or they could go to a party later on that night and drink...I'm okay with hypocrisy, but don't force it on our kids dammit! :laugh:
 
If this is happening in Elementary school, then fine. But I find it extremely idiotic that they're going to make a highschooler eat healthy, yet, if he/she is outside, at he right angle., they could be not be caught smoking...or they could go to a party later on that night and drink...I'm okay with hypocrisy, but don't force it on our kids dammit! :laugh:

I don't get the hypocrisy here. The highschooler would get in even more trouble with the school if they were caught smoking or drinking, no?
 
I don't get the hypocrisy here. The highschooler would get in even more trouble with the school if they were caught smoking or drinking, no?

Well, the joke was, forcing it on the kid to "be healthy", when the kid is just gonna go out later and do drugs :laugh: Obviously the school doesn't want drug use to take place :P Why I was joking and saying that it was hypocrisy being "forced on the kid"...but I guess the joke didn't work

:confused2
 
Well, the joke was, forcing it on the kid to "be healthy", when the kid is just gonna go out later and do drugs :laugh: Obviously the school doesn't want drug use to take place :P Why I was joking and saying that it was hypocrisy being "forced on the kid"...but I guess the joke didn't work

:confused2

I'm sorry. :(
 
I'm sorry. :(

Oh, no need. I just like getting my points across throug humor, but I assume that it was lost cause of the darned internet :P But, yeah, point is that they shouldn't force kids to do something period. All it's going to do is piss them off. You can integrate it into the program, and in a perfect world the kids who are young now will be used to it in 10 years, but kids (or teens, in this case) are so very, very, different (people too, but we're talking about teens). I don't think they can serve foods that will satisfy everyone's pallete (I hate to use the picky eater excuse, but when you get old enough, it should mean something). And at this point, they can make choices by themselves.

And the money part of it is a really big problem in my opinion...

"You have to eat healthy, so buy the food from our cafeteria!"
"I send my kids with carrots every day!"
"You didn't mention buying it from the school, so I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear that..."
 
I really don't understand what your beef with public schools is. I went to a public school and it was a very nice, respectable school (in an upper-middle class, sure, but still nice). Schools are public and free because it is recognized in America that generally without an education, you will go nowhere in life. That is why it education is supplied by the government and funded by taxes. It is a necessary asset to society that cannot be completely privatized.

In Michigan where I live , unless you happen to live in Burlington Hills or Grosse Ile , the schools are havens for drugs ,sex and violence,not to mention half brain dead children who can't even spell the simplest of words because of the drugs that got to their brain . From my experience , they are a highly disrespectful horde of barbarians/animals which make us look bad as a nation. Then add to the fact the schools (who only see the need to profiteer off the masses alongside incompetent teachers since most of them who are just move on to private schools from all the bad experiences )nor the parents give a rats ass and you basically have a lose-lose situation.

Why should I fund stoners and potheads ,assholes, bottom-feeders gang-bangers or those apathetic about an education? They and their families should have to fund it themselves or be thrown to the curb. In this economy , wasting money and resources on these people is at the worst shameful and further dilutes our country with idiots. It needs to be driven home to them so they can appreciate what so little of the world's population get.

It should be completely privatized for those who can afford private schools while those who CAN'T can go to them and for those private school families , take it off their taxes. Then ,based on their efforts and grades regardless of private or public, they can either get scholarships to a private school or if they fail get held back for until two years in which they get thrown out afterwards.

But then for the constant screw-ups ,jackasses and bullies, depending on the circumstances send them to boot camp or with extreme cases draft them and send them on the front lines with NO training; that'll show them to appreciate education and to treat other people with respect. This suggestion is necessary since I've seen people like them who came out of it far better people .


Oh, no need. I just like getting my points across throug humor, but I assume that it was lost cause of the darned internet :P But, yeah, point is that they shouldn't force kids to do something period. All it's going to do is piss them off. You can integrate it into the program, and in a perfect world the kids who are young now will be used to it in 10 years, but kids (or teens, in this case) are so very, very, different (people too, but we're talking about teens). I don't think they can serve foods that will satisfy everyone's pallete (I hate to use the picky eater excuse, but when you get old enough, it should mean something). And at this point, they can make choices by themselves.

And the money part of it is a really big problem in my opinion...

"You have to eat healthy, so buy the food from our cafeteria!"
"I send my kids with carrots every day!"
"You didn't mention buying it from the school, so I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear that..."

It's just socialist. Let the parents be parents and let the kids and teens choose themselves . The government shouldn't be butting in at all.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top