It stinks.
Wow, I am not sure if anyone ever heard of this book, but they were pretty nerve-wrecking. The actual stories weren't that scary, but the illustrations were terrifying and creepy as hell. Some of the illustrations made me scare to go to sleep at night when I was younger. So, has anyone read this book?

If not, then here's a prime examples of one of many freaky pictures from the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tot508KNJ7A

Last edited:
boogie woogie feng shui
KAGEKI, you're the freakin' man. It's weird that you made this thread, because I was just telling my girlfriend a couple hours ago how freaky this **** was when you're a kid. None of my friends seem to remember them, but as a horror fan I was an avid reader even as a kid and I actually still have all the books. Stephen Gammell's illustrations were absolutely, brilliantly gruesome and horrifying. I have no idea how this got past the children's book censorship committee or whatever.

scarystories2pic10.jpg

I think I knocked out my cousin because he grabbed me and went "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

...after reading one of the stories. You know where it has it in parenthesis to grab the nearest person. Good times. :laugh:

...in the choice of "Fight or Flight"...I chose "Fight" that day.

Kagayaki Power
awww i used to read these books soooo much when i was a kid! ... i loved it <3

i remember these books

i also remember the PTA in my school district naming these series as the worst books for you kids to read :anime:

kC

haha. I totally had these books as a kid. I may still have one or two stowed away in a box somewhere. I think I actually bought them at a book fair at school too. hahaha.