Saban's Masked Rider Showa Rider FAIL

Is there a full video of this? With all the riders saying their introductions?

This is the episode where the clip originates from:

Part 1-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cgwuX73rQ
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cgwuX73rQ"]Invasion of Leawood-Part 1[/ame]

Part 2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ2UwPSlruQ
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ2UwPSlruQ"]Invasion of Leawood-Part 2[/ame]

The "Masked Rider Warrior" rollcall is in Part 2.
 
Last edited:
Everybody laughs about Amazon, but I have to say V3's voice cracks me up the most. "IAMWAHRIACAMANDER!" I'm just amazed how they can mess up the names so badly and yet not only get ZX's name on the right guy, but actually say it right too.

Also, Dex is clearly standing in front of Bio Rider and Shadow Moon after the roll call (watch when he runs out of the building.)
 
actually, now that i noticed, the only name they got wrong was Stronger. also despite what the visual is showing, the audio is saying all the names of the riders in order (minus Skyrider and Super-1) my guess is when the script was being worked on the writer was given the names of the Riders in Order so he wrote them down that way.
 
That had to be Lex Lang doing Amazon's voice. Or someone trying to make fun of Lex Lang.
 
Masked Warrior Leader and Masked Rider Warrior Commander respectively.

Kind of odd choices for names, it probably would have worked better if they actually made them less redundant sounding.


On one hand, this was the point when the plot actually started getting taken seriously, or at least that what's I have heard, and may have finally started going somewhere.

On the other hand, they were trying to adapt (not very well I might add) the final episodes of Kamen Rider Black RX which was a crossover with all the Riders up to that point, and unlike the original audience, the audience for Masked Rider has no reference point for any of the characters (or much of a proper explanation to help replace it), kind of ruining a good deal of attachment and impact a "crossover" might of had. It goes downhill from there.

They had most of the correct names, heck they even pronounced Masked Rider ZX in the scene as "Zee-Cross" instead of "Zee-Ex or Zed-Ex", which would been a very easy mistake to make if they were really ignorant. But since the footage had their rollcall out of chronological order, and they didn't have the idea to check the script to said footage, they ended up dubbing the list completely straight through and put a bit of a kibosh on any attempt at accuracy they might have had.

Not exactly the best note to go out on, to be sure.

I think if they do release the series on DVD ,I think they should edit that part so it would match chronologically. But come to think of it , Saban should have intertwined them into the series early on ,ala Decade style, and that would've easily solved the random appearances.

I hope that Black/Rx gets remade as a film series in of itself like the First because it was badass.
 
I hope that Black/Rx gets remade as a film series in of itself like the First because it was badass.

I hope not. The First had slick suits and the occasional good action scene when it could be bothered with having one but was ultimately emotastic fail. The Next was just an insult. It amazes me that Toei did such a botched job on that revamp. Inoue shouldn't have been let anywhere near that project.

I sincerely hope Black and/or Black RX are spared such a fate.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top