S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

As bad as the Wizard Figuarts are, they're over 3 years old now. Then again, the Hamel Cane not being included with White Wizard is blasphemy.
 
If you get Ghost (and Specter) into a pose you like and put them on a shelf next to your other Figuarts they fit in with no problem. The Wizard Figuarts are tiny with weirdly short torso's and Wizard's belt falls off all the time. They look downright bizarre next to other Figuarts and are actually less show accurate than the Gimmick/Budget line Wizard figures.

Yes the Ghost Figuarts have a few rough points of articulation, but they are no where near as bad as the Wizard Figuarts.
 
Don't get me wrong, they still look nice when you're not trying to fight for the articulation for certain poses. I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say that I prefer the Figuarts face sculpts even though it's not show accurate.

I don't think anyone's trying to imply they're as bad as the Wizard Figuarts, but they are similar in that they're certainly a huge step down from the Gaim and Drive lines. Like I said before, I'm not surprised since Figuarts never had a good reputation for pulling off cloth well and Ghost's designs revolve around parkas.
 
Don't get me wrong, they still look nice when you're not trying to fight for the articulation for certain poses. I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say that I prefer the Figuarts face sculpts even though it's not show accurate.

I don't think anyone's trying to imply they're as bad as the Wizard Figuarts, but they are similar in that they're certainly a huge step down from the Gaim and Drive lines. Like I said before, I'm not surprised since Figuarts never had a good reputation for pulling off cloth well and Ghost's designs revolve around parkas.

I can pretty much co-sign on all this. The Gaim and Drive lines are really excellent, some of the best Figuarts out there.

I wonder if the parkas were made of a more rubbery material if the articulation would be better. Maybe that's something we'll see if there is ever a renewal of Ghost.
 
I can pretty much co-sign on all this. The Gaim and Drive lines are really excellent, some of the best Figuarts out there.

I wonder if the parkas were made of a more rubbery material if the articulation would be better. Maybe that's something we'll see if there is ever a renewal of Ghost.

I'm personally a huge fan of the Drive line though I'm sure it's an uncommon opinion since it has so many exclusives and recolors.

The thing is, after taking apart Ghost and Specter, I've realized that the parkas are not hindering the waist and ab articulation. It's the mold itself and bad engineering. The parka sleeves are absolutely an issue, though. They don't look good from most angles(moreso the dynamic ones) and literally have to be fought for articulation.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top