Ryuki vs. Faiz

I think I would have appreciated the Faiz ending more if it hadn't been so rushed.

Having recently re-watched Faiz, I noticed how the show actually tries to to build up something good in the beginning.
In fact, I actually think Inoue was trying to make another Agito-style show. We had the mysteries behind the Orphenochs. We had the police doing their own investigation etc.

But then it suddenly felt like something happened. I don't know what, but midway through it seemed like Inoue ran out of ideas how to keep the show fresh, and then he started experimenting with different things that obviously didn't work out for him, so they were slowly forgotten. Delta was sadly one of those things.
It seemed like Delta actually had a much bigger story planned for him, with people going crazy because of the belt etc. but then they found out that there was not enough time to focus on this story, so we ended up with a Rider, who was just there because he was a Rider.

Then the show started to pick up itself up again near the end, but then they suddenly realized that they only had 10 episodes left. What to do then?
Just throw in an undeveloped main-baddie and make Kiba do a 180 degree turn.
I can understand that Kiba was angry that one of his friends had been killed, but he was not a stupid guy. He had been saying through the whole show that you couldn't judge every human or orphenoch just because some of them did bad things, and then he starts doing just that!
And not only does he go against everything he said earlier, he also suddenly hates Mari, who was supposed to be his big love interest.
In fact, their whole relationship was completely forgotten at that point. Mari was not even surprised to learn that Kiba was an Orphenoch.

If Faiz had been 60-70 episodes long, I am sure they could have wrapped everything up, but it is impossible to get a good ending if you create more stories than you can handle.
 
I'd say that the whole series lead up to the ending in which a much happier world was created. That, I think is a good idea.

I want to know why we didn't see all of the Riders brought back in the ending. They only showed a handful.

But, wasn't all that character development thrown out the window as well? Like, Ren spent the whole series developing to become a much more caring person. Did he lose all that?

Ren was always a caring person. His story was him wanting to be (or pretending to be) less caring for the sake of winning the Game, but not being able to go all the way like Asakura and Jun and kill the other Riders.
 
I think I would have appreciated the Faiz ending more if it hadn't been so rushed.

Having recently re-watched Faiz, I noticed how the show actually tries to to build up something good in the beginning.
In fact, I actually think Inoue was trying to make another Agito-style show. We had the mysteries behind the Orphenochs. We had the police doing their own investigation etc.

But then it suddenly felt like something happened. I don't know what, but midway through it seemed like Inoue ran out of ideas how to keep the show fresh, and then he started experimenting with different things that obviously didn't work out for him, so they were slowly forgotten. Delta was sadly one of those things.
It seemed like Delta actually had a much bigger story planned for him, with people going crazy because of the belt etc. but then they found out that there was not enough time to focus on this story, so we ended up with a Rider, who was just there because he was a Rider.

Then the show started to pick up itself up again near the end, but then they suddenly realized that they only had 10 episodes left. What to do then?
Just throw in an undeveloped main-baddie and make Kiba do a 180 degree turn.
I can understand that Kiba was angry that one of his friends had been killed, but he was not a stupid guy. He had been saying through the whole show that you couldn't judge every human or orphenoch just because some of them did bad things, and then he starts doing just that!
And not only does he go against everything he said earlier, he also suddenly hates Mari, who was supposed to be his big love interest.
In fact, their whole relationship was completely forgotten at that point. Mari was not even surprised to learn that Kiba was an Orphenoch.

If Faiz had been 60-70 episodes long, I am sure they could have wrapped everything up, but it is impossible to get a good ending if you create more stories than you can handle.

That's too bad. I mean, it really did seem like Faiz was supposed to be the next BIG Rider series after Agito. Faiz had very innovative and cool ideas. The Orphenoc concept and the setting of having the human cast and the renegade Orphenocs was a great idea!

I admit, I have trouble watching the early eps. Mostly due to the scenes with Yuka and her family. Ugh, geewiz. :redface2: And with just the whole "give up on life" attitude that the show seemed to have. In the end, Yuka never got happy. Instead of being with Keitaro, she gets killed. Which is another thing. Did the whole cellphone plot between Keitaro and Yuka have to last THAT long? :P

But now that you mention the whole middle part, that's really too bad. Delta should've been put to better use. I also think Sawada was kind of an unnecessary addition. In fact, I think the villains needed to be handled much better in general. It's really too bad that Inoue burned out.
 
I think I would have appreciated the Faiz ending more if it hadn't been so rushed.

Having recently re-watched Faiz, I noticed how the show actually tries to to build up something good in the beginning.
In fact, I actually think Inoue was trying to make another Agito-style show. We had the mysteries behind the Orphenochs. We had the police doing their own investigation etc.

But then it suddenly felt like something happened. I don't know what, but midway through it seemed like Inoue ran out of ideas how to keep the show fresh, and then he started experimenting with different things that obviously didn't work out for him, so they were slowly forgotten. Delta was sadly one of those things.
It seemed like Delta actually had a much bigger story planned for him, with people going crazy because of the belt etc. but then they found out that there was not enough time to focus on this story, so we ended up with a Rider, who was just there because he was a Rider.

Then the show started to pick up itself up again near the end, but then they suddenly realized that they only had 10 episodes left. What to do then?
Just throw in an undeveloped main-baddie and make Kiba do a 180 degree turn.
I can understand that Kiba was angry that one of his friends had been killed, but he was not a stupid guy. He had been saying through the whole show that you couldn't judge every human or orphenoch just because some of them did bad things, and then he starts doing just that!
And not only does he go against everything he said earlier, he also suddenly hates Mari, who was supposed to be his big love interest.
In fact, their whole relationship was completely forgotten at that point. Mari was not even surprised to learn that Kiba was an Orphenoch.

If Faiz had been 60-70 episodes long, I am sure they could have wrapped everything up, but it is impossible to get a good ending if you create more stories than you can handle.

Ultraman Nexus, which I would hold is superior to either of these two, would disagree with you.

Fiaz had a full season. It ran its gambit-it just fucked up due to shitty writing.

Nexus was CANCELLED and it still had an excellent ending that wrapped up almost everything.

You can do it-you just need a good writer to make it happen.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top