Review: Trans Armour Kamen Rider Figures

Trans Armour Kamen Rider Imperer Review

Well Rider Knight, you wanted 'em, now it begins. My first Trans Armour Kamen Rider Ryuki toy review.

imp1.jpg

in box

This review will cover the Trans Armour (Souchaku Henshin) figure, of Imperer, from Kamen Rider Ryuki

imp2.jpg

with accessories

Acessories: Imperer comes with his armor, and a large sword or drill like weapon that resembles two large horns, or antlers. Indeed, horns seem to be Imperer's theme, as he has them on his helmet, and his shoulder pads.

imp3.jpg

Mask-less Imperer

Design: I must say, I am very pleased with this figure. Even though the Trans Armour Ryuki figures came before the Blade figures, they appear to be much more articulate, and his armour is much less cumbersome than Blade King' armour.

imp4.jpg


imp5.jpg

Imperer

Durability: Like all Trans Armours, these figures are very durable. Some are less stable than others, but they are all durable. And Imperer is one of the most durable in my collection, I have had no trouble whatsoever with his armour slipping off.

imp6.jpg

Ready for action and great justice!

Articulation: Articulation and Trans Armour figures are like a happily married couple, that you know will never get divorced or be unfaithful. And Imperer is no exception. He is a very poseable figure, and even his shoulder armour pads move up accordingly if you move his arms up. So his armour actually never gets in the way, at all.

imp7.jpg

with Weapon

Availability: Can be found online by HK and Domestic sellers.
Price: $15-$20, plus shipping, depending on retailer
Rating: 9/10, fun, durable, definitely worth the price
 
Cool man! Very cool! I loved Imperer in the series. He just wanted to live and be happy but Ouja.....ASAKURA YOU FUCKING DICK!!! Did you not get small cards with him then? He's supposed to come with: Spin Vent, Final Vent and his "Kamen Rider Imperer" Business Card. LOL! Ren's face when he opened the briefcase full of money!

I wanna get all the Ryuki Armour Trans figures, might get Odin first. He just plain rules but my fave two Riders are Taiga and Zero and they come out later this year. :jam:
 
Kamen Rider Agito G3 Review

ag1.jpg

In box

Kamen Rider Agito, a somewhat recent series of the Kamen Rider continuity, had several cool riders with many special powers. This review will cover G3.


ag2.jpg

accessories

Kamen Rider G3 comes with two guns, and two cybernetic arm weapons, a sword, and an arm cannon. He also, of course, comes with his armour. And here's something a bit peculiar. This Souchaku Henshin figure comes with a stand, which is something I have yet to see in any other Trans Armour figure.

ag3.jpg

Henshin!

Durability: I was very surprised here. The Agito series came before the classic Kamen Rider Trans Armour, in fact, they were the second line, the first being Kuuga. And yet, this Agito figure is just as poseable as the newest figures, like Hibiki. Match this with all the weaponry he comes with makes for a PERFECT Trans Armour.

ag4.jpg

Kamen Rider G3

Design: Overall, the design of the figure is very good. The only thing is, you have to put on the armour in the correct sequence, or you'll never get it all on, and that is a bit annoying. Fortunately, this armour doesn't fall off.

ag5.jpg

Packin' heat

Price: It's price can run from $25- $40.

ag6.jpg

G3 Versus Jaguar Lord

Availability: Since it is an older series, this one is kinda rare, BUT there are a couple I've seen on eBay currently.

ag7.jpg

Say Bai-Bye, Turtle Kaijin

Rating: 10/10. I highly reccomend getting this figure, whether you're a collector of Trans Armour figures, or if you are just beginning to buy Toku toys. This figure will NOT disappoint
 
Kamen Rider Ouja

ou1.jpg

in box


Well, it's time for my Second Trans Armour Ryuki review. This time around, I'll be covering the the Kamen Rider, Ouja.

ou2.jpg

accessories
Kamen Rider Ouja comes with his Henshin belt buckle, his armour, a serpent cobra staff ( what is, cosplaying cobra commander?!), and a really bitchin' gold sword.

ou3.jpg

Henshin!

Now, I must admit, Kamen Rider Ryuki is a series I have not yet seen, so there is nothing I can tell you about Ouja, as a character, but I can say he is a cool looking figure. And I am guessing, by the looks of him, he may in fact be an evil villain. But, the only thing I really know about Ryuki is that the Kamen Riders are connected with monster versions of their heroic selves that they are bound to, by contract or something.

ou4.jpg

Kamen Rider Ouja

Durability: Ryuki figures are very durable and poseable, well, judging on the ones I already own.

Design: Ouja has a very well and detailed design, and his armour has a kind of "evil samurai" look going. And that serpent staff only re-enforces that appearance.

ou5.jpg

with weapons

ou6.jpg

Close-up

Price: $9.99-$25.00, depending on retailer
Availability: Fairly common, not hard to find.
Rating: 7/10 . He's not the most extravagant, or best looking Trans Armour figure, but he is a really cool figure, and worth the money. But I reccomend shopping around. Get him for a good deal if you can
 
Last edited:
Kamen Rider Gai

gai1.jpg

In Box
This review will cover the Kamen Rider Ryuki character Gai, in the toy incarnation of Souchaku Henshin.

gai2.jpg

Accessories

Accessories:
Gai Figure
Chest Armour
Wrist Armour
Right Shoulder Horn
Henshin Belt Device
Helmet
A set of cards
His horn ramming weapon/shield

gai3.jpg

Henshin!

gai4.jpg


gai5.jpg

Kamen Rider Gai, and Close-up

Gai, like most all of the Riders in the Ryuki series, seems to have a heavy "samurai" theme. Some of the riders have a "Ninja" theme, like Raia (and maybe Ouja), but not all of them do, like Kamen Rider Knight, seems to just have the theme of a medieval knight. So, I guess the theme is forms of swordplay. Also, Gai has an obvious Rhinoceros overtone to his armour.

gai6.jpg

Gai duels with Ouja

Durability: Gai is a durable figure, but some of his armour is pretty cumbersome, and his weapon even moreso. His weapon is long and somewhat thick, and restricts some of his arm movement when holding it.

Design: Gai has an "ok" design, but honestly, considering the kind of detail that goes into the other Riders, Gai just seems plain. This isn't the fault of the toy itself, but the character. You have characters like Imperer, Ryuki , Ouja, their armour has a lot of detail and color, whereas Gai is basically just a silver suit of armour with a horn on it.

gai7.jpg

With Weapon

Price: $9.99-$24.99 depending on retailer
Availability: Anyone that sells Trans Armours has this one
Rating: 5/10 Average. Not bad, not great. Really only for completists. Do NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES START a Trans Armour collection with this one. It may turn you off to the series, and it's a great toy line, unless Gai is your favorite rider, then go ahead.
 
Last edited:
Space Sheriff Gavan said:
And here's something a bit peculiar. This Souchaku Henshin figure comes with a stand, which is something I have yet to see in any other Trans Armour figure.

Actually, almost all the Japanese Agito figures came with the stands. They did Agito Trinity, Agito Burning/Shining, Gills, G3, and G3-X for sure. They did also release some of the others (Exceed Gills, G3 Mild, G4) after the HK versions came out without the stand, but the first run all had them. So did some of the Kuuga sets.

I really need to track down a Japanese G3-X-- the HK version isn't so great; the armor doesn't seem to fit very well.. His helmet in particular falls off if you look at him wrong; I'm seriously considering gluing it together on him. :mad:
 
Tenraisenpuujin said:
Actually, almost all the Japanese Agito figures came with the stands. They did Agito Trinity, Agito Burning/Shining, Gills, G3, and G3-X for sure. They did also release some of the others (Exceed Gills, G3 Mild, G4) after the HK versions came out without the stand, but the first run all had them. So did some of the Kuuga sets.

I really need to track down a Japanese G3-X-- the HK version isn't so great; the armor doesn't seem to fit very well.. His helmet in particular falls off if you look at him wrong; I'm seriously considering gluing it together on him. :mad:

He's the only Agito figure I have aside from the Kaijin monsters, SO FAR. So, out of all my Trans Armours, he's the only one that has a stand I've seen pics of G3-X. He looks rather...HEAVY in terms of armour, I prefer the one I have. Light armour and plenty of weapon power.

Oh by the way

Review of Kamen Rider Ryuki: Kamen Rider Knight

Coming very soon
 
Kamen Rider Knight Review

kni1.jpg

In box

This review will cover the figure of Trans Armour Kamen Rider Knight, from the series Ryuki.

kni2.jpg

Accessories

Accessories
Knight figure
Chest Armour
Shoulder Armour pads
Cape
Helmet
Sword sheath on belt
Belt Henshin Device
Sword
Lance
Set of Cards (with instructions)

kni3.jpg

Henshin!

kni4.jpg


kni5.jpg

Kamen Rider Knight and Close-up

Kamen Rider Knight's armour, and weapons has the style of a medieval knight, and his appearance of armour is in the vain of a bat. Now, I don't know the Ryuki storyline, because there is no site with "good" character descriptions of the show that I know of. But judging by his appearance, and some stills of the show that I've seen, I deduce that Knight is in fact, a villain, and if he is not, then he's definitely not a team player. He's more of the "I'll do this alone, and my way, and if you get in my way, I'll kill you too". But, villain or hero, I also assume that Knight has a strong sense of honour with his fighting. Even if I am completely wrong, Knight is very cool.

kni6.jpg

Side view

The thing I really love about Kamen Rider is that they can take a tired over-used concept ( like the dark knight with a cape and demonic or unusual sword, which is used a lot, especially in fantasy stories), and re-invent the concept to be new, and totally makes the wicked knight predecessors before him look like complete pansies.

kni7.jpg

With Lance

kni8.jpg

With Sword

Durability: Knight is one of the most durable figures I have. You seem, sometimes, my trans armours are a bit clumsy, just standing there...not moving. One might fall over, and a piece of armour fall off. Well with Knight you don't need to worry. Because his cape touches the ground, and keeps him balance, he might lean back just a tit...er...titch... But anyway, he won't fall over. And articulaton, he is a perfect representative of the series, even the bat head on his cape is poseable!

Design: Knight is superbly designed, and will look excellent in any Toku collection, even if he were the only Kamen Rider toy there.


kni9.jpg

G3 transcends two continuities, first going to "555" to steal Faiz's Autovaijin, then to "Ryuki" to challenge Knight. Who will win?

Price: $9.99- $24.99 depending on retailer
Availability: A few on eBay, but not as widely available as some. You will most likely have to import it from Asia.
Rating: 10/10. Excellent figure. A great figure to start with as well. Even if you collect Trans Armour figures but don't collect Trans Armour Ryuki figures, you need this one in your collection. Highest Reccomendation
 
Knight is kind of a loner, he only wants to defeat all Riders and Monsters, and protect Yui. He did try and kill Shinji in the beginning but he's not evil. The Riders do occassionally work together against either monsters or Asakura...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top