Review: Trans Armour Kamen Rider Figures

Rider Number 2!

I just recently acquired the Souchaku Henshin Kamen Rider Classic Rider Number 2. The reason he doesn't get his own thread review is because he is merely a re-paint of Rider Number 1

rid21.jpg

HENSHIN! RIDAH NUMBAH 2!

Kamen Rider Number two's paint job seems to be based on the design of Rider Number 2's appearance in the Rider X movie, "5 Riders against the Dark King", which I personally think this one is the best design. The original Rider number 2 and Rider Number one looked a bit too much alike, even difficult to tell them apart, at times.

rid22.jpg

With Rider Number 1

Because of Rider Number 2's different colors, the details on his helmet are much easier to make out than on Rider Number One. In most respects, these figures have very few differences, aside from the obvious helmet colors, Rider Number 2's gloves, boots, and belt strap are red, whereas Rider Number 1's are gree, and his belt strap white.

rid23.jpg


Here is where Rider Number 2 loses points. His unmasked head is EXACTLY the same as Rider Number 1's. They didn't change a frickin' thing, and I recently found out that ALL the Classic riders (V3,Amazon, Stronger) Have the exact same head as well. Considering how much more committed to detail the later Souchaku Henshin figures are, this one kinda disappoints.

Rating: 5/10, Too much Die-cast, no mold change at all, but great design

Price: Assuming you can find him, he may run as high as $40, unless the seller is insane, or a complete jackass. If you really want him, good luck finding him, and if you do, keep your expectations low. I know this makes the figure SOUND bad, but it isn't. It's just, these Trans Armour figures are some of the best toys around, PERIOD, and this one doesn't meet the standards of it's later successors
 
Kamen Rider Agito Kaijin 3-pack!

ka1.jpg

The box they came in

Adapted from the characters of the show Kamen Rider Agito, this was one of the earliest series of Souchaku Henshin toys. In fact, it was because this line was so popular, that Bandai decided to give their classic riders a line, which followed after Agito.

ka2.jpg

Jaguar Lord

ka8.jpg

Alternate angle

As far as I know, none of these monsters actually have names. I looked it up on the internet, and only found one name that might apply, but I may be incorrect, so if anyone has the names, your input would be appreciated. Let's start the review with Jaguar Lord. An anthromorphic jaguar man who wields a double bladed sword that also can act as a bow, he also comes with one green arrow. He wears a blue cape and a belt, and some sandals. This attire suggest he is supposed to be a Greek warrior, in some respect.

ka3.jpg

Turtle Kaijin

ka4.jpg

Alternate angle

The turtle kaijin has no weapon to speak of. It seems he relies on his steel arms as his weapons, while his entire body serves as a suit of armour. This might suggest he is supposed to be in the vain of a medieval knight, of course, I'm merely going on the assumption that the kaijin monsters are based off ancient warriors, in their manner of combat.

ka5.jpg

Cobra Kaijin

ka7.jpg

Alternate angle

At first glance, you might think Cobra Kaijin is based off an egyptian, but judging by the staff, whis shows a winged Cobra, it seems more likely that he is based from an Aztec high priest, because the Aztecs worshipped a God known as Quetzalcoatyl, who appeared in the form of a winged serpent. Cobra Kaijin is probably the most fearsome looking of the Kaijin monsters, he weilds only a staff.

ka9.jpg


ka10.jpg

Ganging up on our heroes

In terms of durability, these figures are all very expertly made, and they are made to last. So you won't have to worry about having to replace them (unless you are the kind of person that plays too rough with your toys)

ka11.jpg

Cobra Kaijin overwhelms Rider Number 2

Sculpting is always the best feature of the Souchaku Henshin toys. Of course, it goes hand in hand with their durability and poseability, and these monsters are no exception. The sculpting of the Agito Kaijin monsters is truly astonishing for toys. While they don't have any transforming armour, they make perfect villains to pit your SH Rider heroes against.

ka12.jpg

Body blow! Body blow! Put 'em away!

Availability- While they are not available in mass amounts in many retailers, they show up on eBay quite frequently, usually from cwk2002.

ka13.jpg

Takeshi Hongo thought the danger had finally passed...

Price: cwk2002 sells them for $25 plus shipping from Hong Kong, and they're worth it

Rating: 9/10
 
In the series Agito they didn't have names except for 'Unknown'...at least I believe that's what the monsters were in Agito....Unknowns. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Agito also had one of the most visually disturbing monsters...at least to me...the Jellyfish Unknown *shuddering*...that thing STILL gives me the creeps!!

LOVE the reviews of these figs! Keep it up! :D

-RF
 
Trans Armour Kamen Rider Ibuki review with pics!

ibu1.jpg

In box

This is the final review of the original Hibiki warriors, but not to worry, I'll be getting the new ones too, even though they are probably going to just be simple re-paints. And there will be new reviews coming often, because I have a bad habit of binge buying when it comes to Trans Armour figures.

ibu2.jpg

Hen---

ibu3.jpg

---shin!!!!

Kamen Rider Ibuki is of the most recent line of Trans Armour figures, based on the latest Kamen Rider series, Hibiki. The best part about these figures is that they are the most poseable of the Trans Armour figures. They are new molds, and have been given extra articulation, and they don't have alot of cumbersome armour (like 555, Blade figures, for example)

ibu4.jpg

Kamen Rider Ibuki

Ibuki's mask is somewhat similar to Hibiki's, but it is fundamentally different. These figures are very well-detailed, and match that of the TV show the show's appearance.

ibu5.jpg

with gun weapon

ibu6.jpg

With Trumpet weapon

It's a special treat to see just how much they detail ever piece of the figure, including the armour and the weapons.

ibu7.jpg

With Hibiki and Todoroki

Of course, you can't really get the full effect without having the other two riders.

Availability: Any retailer that sells Trans Armour figures is very likely to have him.

Price: Usually around $20, plus shipping (Depending on retailer)

ibu8.jpg


ibu9.avif
The three battle a monster

Rating: 9/10 alone, 10/10 if you have the other 2 riders alongside him
 
Space Sheriff Gavan said:
I have. They just haven't came in yet

Really?! Which ones are on the way? I've just watched the Odin debut episode, when I see more action of him, I'll consider getting him. I'm not going to HLJ for Trans Armour figures, going to cwk2002. :D I'll only use HLJ for Galaxy Force toys. Why is Starscream always out of stock?! :bawling:
 
Rider Knight said:
Really?! Which ones are on the way? I've just watched the Odin debut episode, when I see more action of him, I'll consider getting him. I'm not going to HLJ for Trans Armour figures, going to cwk2002. :D I'll only use HLJ for Galaxy Force toys. Why is Starscream always out of stock?! :bawling:

Knight and Imperer, so far. I pre-ordered Ryuki from a domestic retailer, but he's not supposed to come in until august. I'm also still waiting on the inventory for the rest of my Trans Armour classic riders. Knight and Imperer are coming from HK, so it might be a little over a week. I still have some other Trans Armours to review in the meantime

Only one guy on Ebay is selling Odin right now and I don't like his strict "buying rules" or all the negative feedback he's gotten


As for starscream, probably because he's the only one Hasbro gave major alterations to
 
Last edited:
Trans Armour Kamen Rider Blade King Review

bk1.jpg

Box

This review will cover the Trans Armour Kamen Rider Blade character, Blade, in his "Blade King" form. Blade King comes with a big-ass sword, some "monster cards" and a compartment that goes into his sword.

Kamen Rider Blade was a show, that basically was trying to capitalize on the popularity of Yugi-Oh, or some other japanese cartoon that involved summoning monsters from cards. Unfortunately, that technique hurt the Kamen Rider genre, at least in my opinion. The show was just a failure, in my view.

bk2.jpg

Mask-less

Design: In terms of Design, Blade King is quite an amazing figure. The detail that goes into his armour is quite amazing. Unfortunately, that's really the only good thing I can say about Blade King.

bk5.jpg


bk6.jpg

Blade King

Durability: Ugh, this figure disappoints, a lot. The design is great, and he has the poseability of other Armour Trans figures, BUT, the problem is, the heavy die-cast golden armour tends to fall off, regardless how hard you attatch it.

bk7.jpg

Wielding Sword

bk8.jpg

Size comparison with Dekamaster

Sorry this review disappoints because it's shorter than others, but frankly, this figure disappointed me, and I prefer to say primarily good things in my reviews

Availability: Plenty of 'em on eBay
Price: $14.99 plus International shipping, depending on retail

4/10: Under average. Superb detail, and great for posing, but Trans Armours are fun to play with, and trhis one just isn't.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top