Has anyone played these games? Easily one of the best shooters on the Playstation 3

I really want to get the PSP version of Resistance. It takes place in between Resistance 1 and 2. I played the demo and it was awesome.

Lurker
The first one was solid, but just very blah in it's art style and presentation. It just felt really systematic and repetitive. I had no interest in the sequel and heard the PSP one really isn't that good.

I have the second one but i only played like 2 hours on it total. :laugh: Killzone 2 has been dominating my PS3 for the past month.

It's one of the few FPS series I actually like. The first one i thought was decent enough, the second one I loved.. but more so for the online coop games (those can get pretty insane) I picked up retribution but I have yet to really sit down and get into it, from the demo I expect the game will be decent enough, and the system link to ps3 to unlock infected mode seems cool.. too bad you need to reactive it every time to load the game.

I see it for about 30-20 bucks, sorta tempting...

Pick up the first one which is only $30. You'll probaly like it.

You play them in this order

Resistance:Fall of Man

Resistance:Retribution(PSP, takes place between the 1st and 2nd Resistance game).Has a different main character than 1 and 2. Can connect to Resistance 2.When do so will give you an alternate story than the main one.
Can use your PS3 controller to play the game.

Resistance 2

Can use your PS3 controller to play the game.

which is kind of pointless unless you're playing using the cables to output to your tv.

I'd hate to see people who don't have a slim model doing this using the tiny psp screen and the regular controller

Well I sat down for the first act of the game (infected mode first of course) tried out both control schemes, the native psp scheme and the ps3 'plus' scheme. I have to say that it definitely feels more natural playing it with the ds3, though honestly, I do like the control scheme for the psp version and could live with it if i was actually going to be playing this on the go, it will take some getting used to. The laziness in me makes me miss the psp scheme's auto lock-on, but it would be way too easy if they had kept that for the ds3, and apparently you can't use the the plus mode control scheme for multiplayer (saddened)

All in all an decent addition to the series. I'll likely stick to r2 for multiplayer though