Resident Evil: Requiem AKA Resident Evil 9 Sets Stage in Destroyed Raccoon City

Grace looks like a cool character. She’s not some overpowered action hero, and I really like that. Her design feels realistic and kind of relatable. I think it’s interesting they made her different from Alyssa in personality. It makes me curious how that will affect the story. Also, Raccoon City being back is crazy. I was not expecting that at all. They really made the place look scary in the trailer. I just hope the game won’t be too focused on action. I like the slower parts of Resident Evil more.
 
As someone who’s been talking about the Outbreak games for years, this is such a massive win. It feels like Capcom finally realized how much fans care about those stories. Grace being Alyssa’s daughter was a detail that hit me emotionally—I didn’t even know how much I missed that world until the trailer reminded me. The hotel scene is the standout for me. PTSD, mystery, and horror in one go. That hooded man—man, the way he speaks to her—has serious Silent Hill vibes. I love the slower, psychological approach. This might be the most personal Resident Evil game to date.
 
I love Grace’s look. She’s so different from what we usually get in Resident Evil. The glasses, the calm vibe—I’m into it. Also, the art direction is amazing. That shot of Raccoon City at the end? Perfect.
 
Seeing Raccoon City again, even in ruins, brought back so many memories. It’s where this all started, and to return there feels right. Grace seems like a grounded character, and that’s something the franchise has been missing lately. I remember playing Outbreak on my PS2 and feeling like it was such an underrated gem. Now it’s officially canon? That’s long overdue. Capcom is finally listening. This could be the game that ties all generations of RE fans together.
 
As an Alyssa main from the Outbreak days, this hit me hard. I never thought I'd hear her name mentioned in a mainline title, let alone see her daughter become the lead. Alyssa wasn’t just a fun character—she was sharp, tough, and had one of the best personalities in the cast. I always picked her because she felt real. She didn’t have powers or military training, just instincts and grit. Seeing that legacy passed to Grace is honestly emotional for me. Even though Alyssa is confirmed dead, I’m glad the game treats her with respect. Her memory clearly matters in this story. I really hope we get more details about what happened to her in that hotel. Maybe even a flashback? Outbreak fans have been waiting for acknowledgment for so long. This is a huge moment, and I’m going to enjoy every second of it. Alyssa’s story isn’t forgotten, and that means everything to me.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top