Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan only for now)

Our Japanese correspondent talked about the demo on our latest podcast. Sounds like it's basically a prettied up version of RE4 with poorly implemented AI for the co-op partner. Controls a lot like RE4 as well, which sadly means no sale for me. I hated the PS2/GC controls in RE4 to the point where I gave up on it. Didn't fall in love with the game until the Wii version. :(
 
Our Japanese correspondent talked about the demo on our latest podcast. Sounds like it's basically a prettied up version of RE4 with poorly implemented AI for the co-op partner. Controls a lot like RE4 as well, which sadly means no sale for me. I hated the PS2/GC controls in RE4 to the point where I gave up on it. Didn't fall in love with the game until the Wii version. :(

Pretty much all false. There are four different control styles you can choose from, most of which use both sticks for movement and looking around a la Dead Space. And the AI for Shiva is far from poorly implemented, she gives you ammo when you need it, comes running when you need reviving, uses just about every weapon effectively, and never runs herself into a corner where she can just get herself killed. She's also a lot better at staying away from the chainsaw guy then both of the people I've played co-op with.
 
I'm inclined to agree with Badonkadonk here. AI for some co-op games has been far worse and never been complained about. The only issue I have found with the AI is that sometimes she sticks a bit too close to you, but then it would probably be a lot worse if she just ran off leaving you to die.
 
Good to hear there are more control options, I'll pass that on to him. As long as it doesn't play with RE4's tank-like controls, I'll be a happy camper.

His experience with the AI was that she kept getting hurt and using up all the healing items and ammo and then crying she constantly needed help.
 
Actually, I just tried to play it and my Xbox says it can't launch it. Then it changed it to "Corrupted Data" so it wouldn't show up in my games list. Screw that. I deleted the corrupted data and I'm pretending to be Japanese to download it again and see what happens.
 
Actually, I just tried to play it and my Xbox says it can't launch it. Then it changed it to "Corrupted Data" so it wouldn't show up in my games list. Screw that. I deleted the corrupted data and I'm pretending to be Japanese to download it again and see what happens.

Redownloaded, now it's not lauching because it's region locked. Downloading a torrent to burn to a CD.

I'M NOT LOSING!!!

EDIT: Yup, burned to a CD and now it's working. If you haven't played it you can still download it elsewhere, then rename the folder to "content" and burn it to a cd, then it shows up in you Game Library. Still can't play online, I'm pretty sure.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top