Recommend me some recent series to restore my faith in anime!!!

Kyusaku said:
Here is my list of titles that go off the genre of your whole list

Azumanga Daioh
Keroro Gunso
Kaiketsu Zorori
Juuni Kokki
Kosetsu Hyaku Monogatari
Mahou tsukai ni taisetsu na koto
Piano
Ginga Tetsudou Monogatari
Ai Yori Aoshi
Aquarian Age

It's not that hard. took me seconds to come up with this list.

Didn't like Azumanga, haven't seen Keroro Gunso (and may not since its the cause of the manga toning down), Juuni Kokki is a fantasy anime-I listed fantasy, I don't do CLAMP so no Aquarian Age, and Ai Yori Aoshi? Harem anime? Yeah in that case I wanna add another one: Maburaho. :laugh: Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, the other five I've never seen.


I'm enjoying the new Gaiking-series, but I guess I must be the only one (yea, I'm a big robot-anime junkie)

I like giant robot anime, but the only one I have at the moment is Godannar, which is very good. (I also got Dagwon, but its incomplete. >_<) I've heard great things about GK though.


Meh, there's really not nearly as much good anime as there used to be. In new shows, xxxHolic is the only thing I've really liked. Aside from that, One Piece and Keroro Gunso are the only other shows I'm watching. I can't even begin to understand why so many people even like Haruhi, the books were okay, the anime is just trash.

I'm not watching it either; the concept didn't interest me. Honestly, the only anime I've wanted to watch this year are Fate/stay night, Witchblade, and Air Gear. (Which is, mainly because I'm subtitling it.)
 
Sage Shinigami said:
Didn't like Azumanga, haven't seen Keroro Gunso (and may not since its the cause of the manga toning down), Juuni Kokki is a fantasy anime-I listed fantasy, I don't do CLAMP so no Aquarian Age, and Ai Yori Aoshi? Harem anime? Yeah in that case I wanna add another one: Maburaho. :laugh: Yeah, I said it.

Aquarian Age series is not CLAMP. They may have done art for the CCG but that's it. AYA season 1 ended well, it ended how it should've. There may have been 3-4 girls after 1 guy, but the 1 guy and the 1 girl were sure about their love and did their best to tackle the hurdles in their lives together. And just because you like a show doesn't mean everyone has to like it. You seem to prefer action oriented anime, while I prefer more story based ones like Ginga Tetsudou Monogatari and Juuni Kokki. Juuni Kokki is much more than fantasy, it deals with so much since the material spans 4-5 novels by the same author.
 
Sage Shinigami said:
I like giant robot anime, but the only one I have at the moment is Godannar, which is very good.

me also a giant robot anime, and I can confidently say Godannar's storyline is good especially when it comes to the 2nd season ... but still not good 'nuff ... think the new (shin) getter robo anime really slam this anime down.
 
Sage Shinigami said:
You make me sad on the inside. Whatever fanservice Kiddy Grade has is multiplied several times in this anime. And it doesn't have the plot KG has. Its like a Tarantino film with all its mindless violence, plus all that pedo/loli stuff you were talking about.

Honestly, there's a difference and a fine line here. Kiddy Grade tried to be serious while giving you weird lesbian overtones, fan service in almost every sicond, and even camel toe on a little fucking girl... I'm ashamed to be seen watching that to anyone other than my close friends. I dont want to be associated with that. It made things worse that the anime's "plot" had no redeeming qualities. The plot was a copy/paste of all old anime cliche' plots. Towards the end of the series I was throwing crap at the TV, the plot was ridiculously bad and laughable. (I did a bigger review on it long ago somewhere on this board. I hate Kiddy Grade.)

Where as Elfen Lied, from the get go, you knew what Elfen was for. It was for people who just wanted their anime to cut loose, go nuts, and do all the sinister stuff they always dreamed combined with the cuteness of kitty girls.

I mean Elfen Lied had nudity and lolita crap, sure. But I loved it cause from the first minute into the series, there's blood, and mayhem, and killing. Finally, I get to see a character go nuts and slaughter people without the drama of a cliche' plot. The plot wasnt anything new or innovative, no. But it worked for me. Koda was kind of kewl. I hate his cousin. She's a psycho bitch. Mew (Dont say Nyu, guess what Nyu means in Japanese. No, couldnt be MEW! Well I watched the damned dub so it's MEW to me. bwahahahaha!)

Personally, Elfen Lied is for people like me who are tired of stupid anime and their stupid plots and just want something to go nuts. Elfen Lied went nuts, had good music, had an adorable character and some good heartbreaking moments and a decent ending. (I was ready to beat the crap out of Koda/Kota/Whatever. Dont stop to look at the clock moron! Get the damned door! Its not dominos!)

Sage Shinigami said:
Its only not generic because the 90s did it first. :P

Touche'.

Sage Shinigami said:
In short, just find some stuff you like, watch it, enjoy it, and stop being so gosh-darned critical.

I try to find the stuff I like, but when I watch most of the stuff I find, I hate it. And it's not like I try to hate it. I always sit down, get relaxed and try to enjoy what Im going to watch. You know, people say "omg hellsing rawks watch it!" I do so thinking "hot damn." and then Im dissapointed by how stupid it is.

Watching the great animes of the 1990s, I have developed a unique taste. It used to be that I could NEVER find an anime that I hated,. Ever. It only began happening in 2001, because the new animes apparently began to suck royal.

I mean I just sit and get ready to enjoy myself. And usually, even if the anime is bad starting off, I give it time and watch it to the end (if possible).

But you know, I'm tired of the same old formula because it worked in 1990 but you can tell they are only just copying and pasting the same material over and over without making anything original or different for their story.

And some animes just plain suck.

Im seriously hoping MAi Hime is everything the people here say it is.
 
GrnPsychoGarren said:
Honestly, there's a difference and a fine line here. Kiddy Grade tried to be serious while giving you weird lesbian overtones, fan service in almost every sicond, and even camel toe on a little fucking girl... I'm ashamed to be seen watching that to anyone other than my close friends. I dont want to be associated with that. It made things worse that the anime's "plot" had no redeeming qualities. The plot was a copy/paste of all old anime cliche' plots. Towards the end of the series I was throwing crap at the TV, the plot was ridiculously bad and laughable. (I did a bigger review on it long ago somewhere on this board. I hate Kiddy Grade.)

Where as Elfen Lied, from the get go, you knew what Elfen was for. It was for people who just wanted their anime to cut loose, go nuts, and do all the sinister stuff they always dreamed combined with the cuteness of kitty girls.

I mean Elfen Lied had nudity and lolita crap, sure. But I loved it cause from the first minute into the series, there's blood, and mayhem, and killing. Finally, I get to see a character go nuts and slaughter people without the drama of a cliche' plot. The plot wasnt anything new or innovative, no. But it worked for me. Koda was kind of kewl. I hate his cousin. She's a psycho bitch. Mew (Dont say Nyu, guess what Nyu means in Japanese. No, couldnt be MEW! Well I watched the damned dub so it's MEW to me. bwahahahaha!)

Personally, Elfen Lied is for people like me who are tired of stupid anime and their stupid plots and just want something to go nuts. Elfen Lied went nuts, had good music, had an adorable character and some good heartbreaking moments and a decent ending. (I was ready to beat the crap out of Koda/Kota/Whatever. Dont stop to look at the clock moron! Get the damned door! Its not dominos!)

No matter what you say, I'll think KG is a better anime than Elfen. I found Kiddy Grade's plot to be better than what I saw of Elfen (people should stop using the word cliched, because everything is cliched when you break it down to its most basic form), and to say you're ashamed of showing Kiddy Grade to other people but you're not afraid of showing Elfen, which has nudity (something KG don't got) is ridiculously laughable. You prejudged KG before it got good so by the time it did, you decided it was just crap you'd seen before, when it ain't.




.......





Oh, and by the way? Her name is Nyu. ;) **** what it means in English. Yeah you're watching a dub but its a dub of a JAPANESE SHOW. To me its like calling Ozu Kai from Magiranger "Nick Russell" because that's his name in the English version. :P
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top