Question about the official Region 2 DVDs of Sentai

How good is the video quaility of the DVDs of older series like Bioman, Goranger, Ohranger, Denjiman, and any series older then Gaoranger? I ask because I just recently watched Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai (on R2 DVD) and, while I love the movie, the quaility of some of the video of the older Sentai heroes left something to be desired. I was wondering if that was only because the makers of G vs. SS didn't have the time to do work on the clips, or if that was the best quality Toei has for their shows. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I don't mean to be a snob, but I don't trust bootlegs to be an indicator of how series looks. I'm just trying to see how R2s look.

Thank you very much.
 
Had they remastered the clips prior to putting them in the movie, i'm sure they would've turned out muuuuuch better on DVD. I'm sure they lacked the time/money to do all that though. Or maybe it was intention to differentiate the old clips from the new footage.

R2 DVDs are usually fantastic quality. Sometimes you'll run into some frames that are burnt out, but it's usually like that with any old TV show on DVD
 
Thank you kage. That is very comforting, considering the price of R2s. The production team for Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai must've been under the gun, I guess. I'm just glad it's not an indicator of the other shows on DVD. As soon as I get the money, I'm so going for Volume 1 of Bioman.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…