Publishers: Selling people Half a game will curb Piracy

... That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. This reminds me of a certain game called Fallout 3. It, by definition, had a stupid ending and the only way you can continue from your beaten game is if you buy one of their DLCs. Now imagine ten, if not hundreds of games like Fallout 3. It just screams wall banger.

It's ending is stupid to you not everyone. What you are saying here is NOT what this thread is about. DLC to extend a full game is FINE. I suggest you re-read what we and that link are saying.
 
Some companies already do this in a Limited fashion, like EA's Project 10 Dollar that locks some features (namely online play) behind a pay wall that you get a code for if you buy it new, but have to pay to unlock if you bought used.

Maybe it's the inevitable future of gaming, maybe not.

This is why I won't buy ANY EA game that pulls that ****. And if say I do want it, I will buy it used and just say **** you to the online play.
 
Seems like a ploy for companies to get greedy.

This pisses me and everyone else off, because Games are expensive as it is...

And like everyone else is saying, this will encourage more piracy, since they're playing keep away with half a game that should already be part of a whole, what with people shelling out $50 for games now...

:redface2:
 
Maybe it's the inevitable future of gaming, maybe not.

It better not. It's worse than DRM.

It's ending is stupid to you not everyone. What you are saying here is NOT what this thread is about. DLC to extend a full game is FINE. I suggest you re-read what we and that link are saying.

Yeah, your right. It's fine for DLC to extend a full game, but if said DLC is the only way to contuine full game, then there is something wrong. This might be the part where you say that continue and extend are the same thing to which I say I know.
 
It better not. It's worse than DRM.



Yeah, your right. It's fine for DLC to extend a full game, but if said DLC is the only way to contuine full game, then there is something wrong. This might be the part where you say that continue and extend are the same thing to which I say I know.

Fallout 3 has an ending. With out the DLC. You just happen not to like it.
 
I feel it's important for us to fight to keep our right to re-sell our games as we bought them. If I buy a game and end up not liking it, why should I not be able to re-sell it? This makes me even more hesitant to buy games in the first place. I refused to buy fallout 3 until they made a version where the DLC is on the actual game disc. I've already been burned by things like Half Life 1, where you have to buy an additional copy of the game, cause the original release won't work online anymore/the auto update server was taken offline.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top