PS Plus Prices Increasing

Everyone that will be affected by these price increases should have received an email yesterday. Sony’s PlayStation Plus service will be going up in price for people in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe and Australia. There won't be any changes for any other countries although increases may come later on down the line. The prices will go up at midnight on the 31st of August. The prices for the membership will go up as follows:
Monthly membership - £6.99 (usually £5.99)
Quarterly membership - £19.99 (usually £14.99)
Yearly membership - £49.99 (usually £39.99)

Will you be affected by these increasing prices and if so will you stop using the PlayStation Plus service because of these increases?

I don't own a PS and I also don't live in the affected countries, so the price increase doesn't affect me at all. I think if ever I am using their services, I would naturally stop if I find the price too expensive already.

I don't live in any of the countries but still that price increase might lead to many of that PS users looking for a substitute that is cheaper and affordable. There are die hard fans who wouldn't mind the increase in price as long as what they get is quality.

The point of the membership is to get deals, right? Well, if the membership is really high, then how is it an advantage? Note, in that case, a person would be better off shopping at GameStop or eBay. Nonetheless, though, the marketing people aren't dummies - so I'm sure the price increase is still offering something that will draw in people.