Snowdrop: First Korean Drama to Stream on Disney Plus

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
<p>“Snowdrop” is set in 1987, when South Korea was governed by a dictatorial government. Following World War 2 and the Korean War, a military dictatorship took power in South Korea. Pro-democracy students and civilians led protests. </p>

Aspiring Smilemaker
Interesting read, and I appreciate the historical context. However, I do share some concerns with NME about inconsistent writing and needless sub-plots. Distorting historical events can be problematic, but as a work of fiction, it had its moments. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars for the gripping love story, despite the historical inaccuracies.

"Snowdrop" sparked my interest in the events of 1987 in South Korea. While the drama takes creative liberties, it's essential to remember it's fiction. I appreciate the attempt to shed light on a critical period, even if it's not entirely accurate. History buffs, like me, might find it a gateway to learn more about that time.

I read NME's review, and I can't ignore the criticism. Inconsistent writing and historical inaccuracies bother me. I like my dramas to be a bit more grounded. It's disappointing when a potentially great story gets overshadowed by these issues. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but I'll keep my expectations in check.

As someone who values historical accuracy, "Snowdrop" left me a bit disappointed. It's crucial to depict historical events responsibly, especially considering the sensitive nature of the 1987 South Korean protests. I appreciate the attempt, but I wish they had been more faithful to the facts.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
I get the criticism, but hey, it's a step forward for Disney Plus and K-dramas. Hopefully, they'll learn from this and bring us even better content in the future. Partnering with Hulu seems like a good move. I'm excited to see how the platform evolves with more diverse offerings. Fingers crossed for improvement!