Lurker
Bet you they regret not releasing Namco x Capcom overseas.

I'm really surpised that there's no Sonic characters, considering it's Sega's mascot and flagship.

In Justice, We Trust!
Bet you they regret not releasing Namco x Capcom overseas.

I'm really surpised that there's no Sonic characters, considering it's Sega's mascot and flagship.

Yeah, the lack of more recognizable characters on Sega's end is pretty surprising. Real surprised that Bayoentta and Yakuza didn't make the cut.

But I'm even more surprised at the inclusion of Resonance of Fate, I was under the impression that the game wasn't really all that popular given that hardly anyone talks about it.

Lurker
Yeah, the lack of more recognizable characters on Sega's end is pretty surprising. Real surprised that Bayoentta and Yakuza didn't make the cut.

But I'm even more surprised at the inclusion of Resonance of Fate, I was under the impression that the game wasn't really all that popular given that hardly anyone talks about it.

they also didn't include Phantasy Star and Monster Hunter, to compete with God Eater

if Sonic were in, Pac Man should be in too

and Capcom doesn't have any RPG rep from theirs IIRC? too bad, it would've been a good time to use those BOF characters again...

In Justice, We Trust!
Really on the fence whether to buy this game or not... :sweat:

Well, I will say this about the game: If you're a fan of any of the series involved in the games, or if the concept of a crossover game like this intrigues you, you probably will end up enjoying it.

Lurker
Well, I will say this about the game: If you're a fan of any of the series involved in the games, or if the concept of a crossover game like this intrigues you, you probably will end up enjoying it.

Well, Decade is my favorite KR series and Zoids Legacy (a xover of the entire Zoids franchise) is one of my favorites GBA games. (Funny enough, Zoids Legacy used dimensional walls almost exactly like Decade only five years prior).

Question: does the story campaign in ProjectXZone depends too closely on recognizing the playable character? Because I only know a handful.

In Justice, We Trust!
Well, Decade is my favorite KR series and Zoids Legacy (a xover of the entire Zoids franchise) is one of my favorites GBA games. (Funny enough, Zoids Legacy used dimensional walls almost exactly like Decade only five years prior).

Question: does the story campaign in ProjectXZone depends too closely on recognizing the playable character? Because I only know a handful.

Not really. You might miss a few fanservice bits, but they do a good job of keeping everything self contained. There's also an in game encyclopaedia that helps make everything a lot clearer.

I'm only really familiar with maybe 50% of the series that's involved, but not once did I feel like I was being left out of the loop.

Lurker
Not really. You might miss a few fanservice bits, but they do a good job of keeping everything self contained. There's also an in game encyclopaedia that helps make everything a lot clearer.

I'm only really familiar with maybe 50% of the series that's involved, but not once did I feel like I was being left out of the loop.

That's great to hear. Thanks.

I'm paid on Thursday, so I have until then to make up my mind, but a self-contained story is one more my more important requirements, so things are looking good. Hopefully, they'll still have the limited edition.

In Justice, We Trust!
That's great to hear. Thanks.

I'm paid on Thursday, so I have until then to make up my mind, but a self-contained story is one more my more important requirements, so things are looking good. Hopefully, they'll still have the limited edition.

There is a demo on the eshop but I'd advise against playing it, as I don't think the Demo did a good job of representing the game. It's very, VERY limiting in what you can actually do.

As for the limited edition…you might be able to find it kicking around here and there. My Gamestop still had four of them like, two days after the release. Compared to past Limited Editions, this was one where you didn't need to pre order in order to get.