Production costs and labor work for doing a Tokusatsu show...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GekiChopper
  • Start date Start date
G

GekiChopper

Guest
For the longest time since I've watched Tokusatsu shows, I've been curious about this.

With all those colorful suits, fantastic special effects, cool stances, and stuff, I wonder how do the producers of such shows manage such a cool show. I know it's not a piece of cake, but...I just want to know.

Anyone good enough to break down the costs and labor work for a Tokusatsu show? You don't have to do estimates. :P
 
well...

Props & exquipment...
actors
+stuntmen for the outfits
+ people to help out with everything like the filming and help he actors get ready & in the proper outfits and cloths ect
+ the guys who make the special effects, both on the series & the CGI stuff like the henshins and all that ...

uhmm.... Plus the the cost of the vehicle like in kabuto they would have 4-5 freaking HUMMERS running around in the series... I duno how they could aford stuff like the bikes & cars and such or even to rent would be expensive ...

the answer I am sure is quite a afreakn lot :D Though most likely not as much as we think it is :)

I am sure its different from show to show as well depending on how much special effects are used ect! It would be interesting to find out about stuff like this, I'd like to know how much garo cost them to do with all the effects in that one :D
 
Last edited:
Isn't Kamen Rider usually sponsored by...Honda was it? Someone who makes bike. I'm sure the non-rider bikes are only lend by the company, same with other vehicles. There's plenty of tricks to save on cost like that.

Remember the A-Team? Face's car was a rental XD they rented it each time they needed it, apply the red line sticker, made the shooting, pull off the sticker and return it to the renter.
 
haha nice I would not have thought of that! Yes I'm sure sponsers help as well with a lot of stuff, now that I think of it I remember reading something about that the cell phones people use are lent out by the sponsers as well
 
haha nice I would not have thought of that! Yes I'm sure sponsers help as well with a lot of stuff, now that I think of it I remember reading something about that the cell phones people use are lent out by the sponsers as well

Probably since it's great publicity and all.
 
I assume thats why they mention Honda on the credits of kabuto and why the Honda logo is displayed on the bikes in Kamen Rider the first and the next
 
I honestly think that the costs and labor work of these shows are the reasons on why their shows don't air daily. In Japan, the shows release one episode every one week, right (instead of one per day)?
 
I honestly think that the costs and labor work of these shows are the reasons on why their shows don't air daily. In Japan, the shows release one episode every one week, right (instead of one per day)?

one episode a day is really ineffective. this means they have to release all merchandise in a small 50 day period.
once a week allows em to spread it out so its as if the show ran for a year/
 
yes plus they start doing the shooting and such long before the episodes air on tv, or at least thats my understanding... they are 3-5 episodes a head by the time we get to see thet latest episode!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top