Power Rangers Megaforce: Ep. 12 - "Last Laugh" [NEW EPISODE]

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
power-rangers-megaforce-wallpaper.png

Episode 12: "Last Laugh"
Airs: Saturday, September 28th @ 1:00 PM EST on Nick

It's no laughing matter when Gia and the other Rangers are captured by Nojoke, a monster who feeds on human laughter. It's up to straight-laced Noah and no-nonsense Robo Knight to figure out how to work together and save their friends.​
 
Just watched a couple clips of this.

I'm stunned that it's taken 12 episodes for Troy to have an emotion.

Made even more stunning because the actor usually looks like he's about to cry.
 
Last edited:
Admiral Malkor: "Come to think of it Vrak, I've never seen you even smile."

:eyebrow: Isn't Vrak's face stuck in a sort of permanent sneer?

In any case, kinda sorta liked it, though I do wonder if this isn't one of the eps of Sentai they could have skipped. I guess it was just time for Noah's spotlight ep.

Loved Troy and Noah's interaction, brief as it was. And loved Admiral Malkor reassuring words to Vrak when Nojoke died (before being resurrected that is). These two seem like family as opposed to boss and lackey.

Three eps until Metal Alice. Hanging in there. Megaforce has been very underwhelming lately, but not outright unwatchable. I'll stick around till the end, it just won't be a priority like it was with previous incarnations of PR.
 
'Last Laugh' is a decent episode. In it, we meet a monster who use laughter as a way to capture humans. The rangers has to work with Robo Knight to stop this monster. Robo Knight has finally learn to work with the rangers, but he still need to learn how to live with humans. :)
 
Admiral Malkor: "Come to think of it Vrak, I've never seen you even smile."

:eyebrow: Isn't Vrak's face stuck in a sort of permanent sneer?

It's more of a smirk but you're right. Thought the same thing myself during the episode. The episode was bad and I'm just about done. This show needs more competent writers, it really does.

I mean, what the **** was the point of the monster's weakness being laughter if the rangers still have to bust out their golden gear to finish him off? Why didn't they bust out their super mode right away if that's all it took? That takes away from the achievement of the fucking weakness we've been building up to. Better yet, have the rangers bust out the golden gear early and show to us that it's useless against this monster's type of power.

Here's another thought, if the monster hates laughter why was he so giddy all throughout the episode? He was chuckling like a hyena the entire way and he's so light spirited, it's weird when he says that he hates laughter. I would expect him to be a major grump like the old man from Pixar's UP or Dr. Suess' The Grinch. That would make more sense and it would be a stronger victory to make that type of personality crack a laugh versus what we're given.

Speaking of the weakness, all it took was one joke. That was it, I mean holy ****. That was so easy. It wasn't even a good joke. See, the writing team had a brief moment of brilliance half way through this episode when Noah makes a comment to RoboKnight, "You jumped the gun." RoboKnight then logically replies "I didn't jump over any gun." or something similar.

See, it's funny because it wasn't intended to be a joke. It wasn't planned, it was a spontaneous and it was well matched with two straight men characters being driven into a comedic bit.

That moment should have been replicated between Noah and RoboKnight to subdue to the monster.

Basically, what I'm saying is the writer's aren't fucking thinking. I know they are on a time crunch but they're not even taking 5 seconds to fucking proof read what they're reading and asking "does this make sense in the context of the episode I'm writing?"

This is garbage. Pure garbage. Power Rangers has been a show to make me care, cry, and genuinely laugh. I know it's possible dammit. I know it is but it's like they don't fucking care. The last person who fucking cared was Eddie in RPM. Now we've got bad acting, bad directing, bad writing.

I mean ****... look at your competition. Legend of Korra is a show that every other kids show should be striving towards... with the exception of all the fucking crying because god dammit we can't just have a strong female lead but whatever.
 
It's more of a smirk but you're right. Thought the same thing myself during the episode. The episode was bad and I'm just about done. This show needs more competent writers, it really does.

Thanks, and you're right, I meant smirk. Got the two confused.

And yeah they could have done like twelve things differently (at least let Noah tell three jokes to weaken Nojoke). And they are getting a little lazy with the names. Nojoke? :disappoin

Still, it wasn't unwatchable, but yeah it could have been better. I'm hoping things pick up with Metal Alice. I haven't seen the Sentai yet, I just think she looks cool visually and hopefully will bring some decent conflict to the Rangers.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top