Police Officer Punching Woman Resisting Arrest

For the people saying he was justified, I have to ask if you even watched the video. There is a time period between when she touches the cop and he hits her that he could have spun her around, got her in an arm lock, or any other number of things. It was like he took a second to think about what to do.
 
Did you even watch the video? He was dealing with 2 hostile girls! The officer was alone, surrounded by an increasingly agitated crowed, had a suspect openly resisting arrest and was attacked with bodily force by a second offender. Although it wasn't pretty, the officer used appropriate force to neutralize the bodily force attack used against him. Compliance would have avoided this, but they haven't. It wasn't pretty, but it was appropriate! You act as if she got severely injured from that punch, which might I add, she has brought upon herself! She was deemed okay from the medic she received! The officer was just doing his job, don't go tell'n him what he should've done unless you're an officer yourself or your his higher ups! His higher ups looked at the problem and he seen nothing wrong with his actions! Ahhmm like I said, you people expressing a victim mentality about this truly sicken me. You need to grow up and join the real world...

Maybe she was alright afterwards, but depending where he hit, he could have done some damage to her, he just got lucky and didn't. The crowd was hardly agitated, they were shocked at his actions to be sure, but all they did was record and watch, and one or two even helped the officer by pulling back the other girl while the officer focused on the one who pushed him. You're talking as if the girl began punching and kicking him, a shove from a teenage girl does not warrant a punch to the face. He was doing his job, but he was wrong in the way he went about it. Don't forget, the police are public servants, it is our position to call them out on it if they're doing their job incorrectly. Lord knows police higher ups won't do anything, all they ever do is cover it up and protect their officers. The 'blue code of silence', as it were.
 
Maybe she was alright afterwards, but depending where he hit, he could have done some damage to her, he just got lucky and didn't. The crowd was hardly agitated, they were shocked at his actions to be sure, but all they did was record and watch, and one or two even helped the officer by pulling back the other girl while the officer focused on the one who pushed him. You're talking as if the girl began punching and kicking him, a shove from a teenage girl does not warrant a punch to the face. He was doing his job, but he was wrong in the way he went about it. Don't forget, the police are public servants, it is our position to call them out on it if they're doing their job incorrectly. Lord knows police higher ups won't do anything, all they ever do is cover it up and protect their officers. The 'blue code of silence', as it were.

She shoved a cop, she had no place there! That's assault! Yes he could've done something else more productive, but appropriate given the situation he was in! She put her hands on a cop, during an arrest. You never interfere with a cops arrest! And yes the crowd was agitated! What you don't call the crowd yelling at you about your actions, a guy video taping the whole situation, the cars beep'n at the background. 2 hostile girls, one of em attacking you. You don't call that agitated?

You have your views on this I have mine! End of discussion!
 
She shoved a cop, she had no place there! That's assault! Yes he could've done something else more productive, but appropriate given the situation he was in! She put her hands on a cop, during an arrest. You never interfere with a cops arrest! And yes the crowd was agitated! What you don't call the crowd yelling at you about your actions, a guy video taping the whole situation, the cars beep'n at the background. 2 hostile girls, one of em attacking you. You don't call that agitated?

You have your views on this I have mine! End of discussion!

Some one else said it, but I sure as hell hope you never go into law enforcement. If you think that cop was justified in decking that girl, then you have no place as a police officer. There were MANY other ways he could have taken control over the situation. I have seen episodes of cops where police were in MUCH worse situations and they didn't feel the need to punch the person in question. Police should be held to a higher standard. You saying what you do just sets that standard very very low. And I still don't think you watched the video based on your comments. I think you saw the punch, and not much else.
 
:sly: Okay listen! Since when did I ever say that I wanted to become a cop? Since when did I ever have the desire to become a cop? Did I ever say that I wanted to become a cop? Tell me?! You guys are no cop yourselves so I don't know why your talking! All we have are views and opinions on this situation. You have yours, I have mine. and don't go saying that I'm yelling cause I'm merely making it bold just so you know where I 'am gett'n at. What's fact is that the police's actions, despite it being kindah flakey, his higher ups accepted his actions, despite how harsh it may be. You guys may not agree with it but that's how it is. Get over it!! We have Differing opinions on this matter, end of discussion!!
 
......As much of a dumbass bitch the woman was for provoking the attack with "physical measures," the guy didn't even think about picking up the woman and shaking her instead of decking her in the face with his fist?

I mean.......yes, it's still some sort of physical harm towards the woman, but it's technically not hitting the girl. Picking up a person and shaking the living hell out of them until submission could provide the same message of "FUCKING STOP" besides decking them in the face like you're in a UFC cage match.

I mean it's a universal rule for males: If you get hit by a female, don't hit her back. Just pick her up and shake her to death.......since it's not really "hitting" her. It's doesn't matter if you're a cop or the chick's daddy, YOU DON'T HIT A WOMAN

With that being said, if the woman provokes you with a gun or knife or weapon of some sort that can kill you.......then all rules are out the door to protect your ass. But in this video, you clearly didn't see the woman pull out any weapon that would cause DEATH
 
:sly: Okay listen! Since when did I ever say that I wanted to become a cop? Since when did I ever have the desire to become a cop? Did I ever say that I wanted to become a cop? Tell me?! You guys are no cop yourselves so I don't know why your talking! All we have are views and opinions on this situation. You have yours, I have mine. and don't go saying that I'm yelling cause I'm merely making it bold just so you know where I 'am gett'n at. What's fact is that the police's actions, despite it being kindah flakey, his higher ups accepted his actions, despite how harsh it may be. You guys may not agree with it but that's how it is. Get over it!! We have Differing opinions on this matter, end of discussion!!

Yeah and cops defending other cops sure is something they would [SARCASM]only do if the one cop was doing the right thing[/SARCASM]
 
Yeah and cops defending other cops sure is something they would [SARCASM]only do if the one cop was doing the right thing[/SARCASM]

Yeah keep talk'n! You have no experience on being a cop so it means nothing. All you have are opinions nothing more. That's the beauty of having an opinion. You can spew it out all you want, I could careless about it...
 
......As much of a dumbass bitch the woman was for provoking the attack with "physical measures," the guy didn't even think about picking up the woman and shaking her instead of decking her in the face with his fist?

You werent in his situation though. You know? We can criticize the officer all we want but we weren't in his shoes that day. I can tell by the video that he got annoyed and flustered when the third party interrupted the arrest. The officer was already having difficulty subduing the protesting suspect. Then he got shoved and pushed around by someone originally uninvolved. He reacted. He reacted poorly but his body did the first thing that felt natural.

he should've just tazed them both, honestly.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top