Plot Preview of Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (Possible Spoilers)

Midgar died, but something survived...

The third installment in the compilation of Final Fantasy VII is unveiled! Following two other titles based on Final Fantasy VII - Before Crisis and Advent Children - the newest title in the series is Dirge of Cerberus, soon to be released for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. The world of Final Fantasy VII comes to life once again in this multiplatform endeavor!

Story
The time has come to cleanse this world. Hunt down the unworthy...and show them no mercy.

Three years have passed since the events of Final Fantasy VII. Buried alive following the Meteor disaster, a mysterious group known as the DG (Deepground) Soldiers emerges and begins raiding the city.

The enigmatic Vincent Valentine is somehow connected to these attacks, and he may be the only one who can save this shattered world. When the world is engulfed in darkness, his gun will toll a dreadful dirge...

Other characters from Final Fantasy VII join Vincent on his journey, and as the story unfolds, you will bear witness to shocking truths never revealed in the original game.

~Gaming Age

http://bluelaguna.net/news/7786/preview-of-dirge-of-cerberus-final-fantasy-vii.php
 
I'm just glad that this is a progression of the series and not another goddamn prequel.

I might get this. World of FVII was definately amoung my all time favorites.
 
Hey Square! Hi there, it's me, The Only Sane Man Left. I'm just reminding you that you MADE GAMES BEFORE FF7! NOW GIVE A SEQUEL TO A DESERVING GAME!

That is all. Thank you.
 
I dunno... FFVII was powerful, timeless and seems a world open to more adventure.

I don't know many other FF's tho, so what else out there deserves a sequel?
 
Six, but only because it is the Greatest Video Game of All Time.

Seven though...all it had was a bad anime plot combined with mindless action movie cliches. I called everything that happened in that game as soon as it occured.
 
Six was a GREAT FF game.
Seven was amazing too.
But I started FF with Six and never got far, but I didnt fall in love till FF8.

FF8 was great but it ended completly, no real looseends.

as for the greatest game ever, I'm sorry Vengence, but Chrono Trigger for the SNES was definitly the GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED. :P
 
I dont give a damn about this game. The plot sounds fine though.

VengeanceGOD said:
Having missed out completely on Chrono Trigger, I can't dispute that point. :)

Then go download a rom and play it buddy. Cause no one should miss out on it, ever. Best RPG of all time. That's how I feel. I played that bad boy hundreds of times growing up, and not just to get all the different endings. I played it over and over again just to relive the story. Music, Story, Characters, they were all memorable and fantastic. One of squares best games. The gameplay was innovative and different and it was a long adventure
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top