OOOs Roleplay Gear and Medals Discussion

what do you mean you can't really do it?

What I mean is that I can't really type out Japanese characters with my Computer. (I guess I need a Language pack, or something)

1. go to wikipedia and type in katakana in the search
2. scroll down to their katakana list
3. copy each character to make the word ozu doraibaa, ozu medaru, etc.
4. paste into mandarake, yaj, etc.
5. ???
6. PROFIT!

I tried this already, and got nothing when I tried "ozu doraibaa" I inserted into Google translate and got "A driver oz". :shakefist
 
I tried a couple different methods & decided on one method for customising my Candy Toy Medals:

paintedmedals.jpg


Kujaku is the same as before: Dye removed from front design, lightly backsprayed metallic red, then backsprayed with silver, then the front textured areas were painted with a red wash. The overall color's a little uneven due to me not totally coating the back side with red, but I think this gives it a sort of fiery effect which I really like.

Unagi (technically Denki Unagi - what exactly is the difference?) was backsprayed with silver, then the front textured areas were painted with a blue wash.

Condor was done the same way as Unagi, but with a white backspray instead of silver (and obviously a red wash instead of blue, haha.) This is probably the most show-accurate method, but I think it also looks less impressive than the other two.


So, I'm settling on the Unagi method of a silver backspray & front color wash. I'd love to do all my Medals the same way I did Kujaku, but considering the fact that each Medal in a combo is a different shade of that group's color, I'd have to buy at least a dozen more cans of spray paint. I'll probably still do Taka & (my spare) Condor the more complicated way since it's Ankh's combo, but the simpler method will be just fine for the rest of my collection.
 
Sorry for being a noob, but what exactly is a wash and how do you apply it on just the textured part without getting it all over the place?
 
Sorry for being a noob, but what exactly is a wash and how do you apply it on just the textured part without getting it all over the place?

A wash is just a name for a really, really thinly mixed paint that's applied all over, often sloppily. I guess that's not the most accurate term in this case, since you do have to be fairly precise on details this small, haha.

But really, just add a good amount of thinner to a small amount of paint, mix it with the brush, and apply it to those recessed textured areas on the Medal. It should be thin enough to easily run inside the edges. It's also better to make the mix too thin & have to apply more, than to make it too thick & have to try to remove excess paint from areas you don't want it.

Use a small brush that'll get into those narrow areas easily enough, maybe even a 2nd one for the larger areas. You should be able to touch the brush to the recessed areas & let the paint get to the edges on it's own. I had to go over mine a few times before I had it dark enough.
 
ultrasoul = the expert of medal mods =3 You should totally make a guide for medal customization~ I'm sure people would be really interested in hearing how to customize each different type of medal
 
There's something off-putting about those Medals to me... the emblems dont look right, like someone else drew them. Cant see the wolfish one very well but the whale looks too detailed to be a Medal. And it's annoying that if we get three more Medals, they aren't in the OOO Scanner at all.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top