Official Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - Talkback

Well, I saw this movie last night with some of my lady friends and I was impressed by it.

It's not that bad for a "remake" and that Willy Wonka guy is a real character! This film even showed him as a child and his father being a dentist!

I still liked "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory" though...no doubt.
 
Hmmm I doubt I will go see it in theaters but I will definitely rent it when it hits shelves. Though Im hearing good things about it.
 
This movie was an AWESOME adaption from the book.

I usually don't like Depp, but his performance was great as Willie Wonka. He was cynical, sarcastic, and crazy. Made me like him thoughout each scene. So many things I liked about this movie I can't list...so...many.....
 
Horoko said:
I usually don't like Depp, but his performance was great as Willie Wonka. He was cynical, sarcastic, and crazy. Made me like him thoughout each scene. So many things I liked about this movie I can't list...so...many.....

Hehe yeah! His Wonka rendition is like a mix of Pee Wee Herman and Austin Powers.
 
Michael Joe Red Mask said:
Hehe yeah! His Wonka rendition is like a mix of Pee Wee Herman and Austin Powers.

What you mean he goes "Welcome to my swinging Chocolate Factory baby! Tell me, what Wonka product do you like the most?"

Kids: Chocolate!

Wonka: Oohhhh you said today's magic word! :P

I'm seriously gonna see it, no doubt. I loved the original, wonder if I'll love this.
 
I just got back from seeing it, and it was of course,the typical Tim Burton experience. Tim Burton movies are either made in the "Posseur goth" vain, or in the " glossy, way too shiny happy colorful" appearance. This movie falls into the second category. It had a few funny moments worth a chuckle, but all in all, this was just another pointless re-make
 
Tim Burton movies are either made in the "Posseur goth" vain

I wouldn't really call it poseur goth but pseudo-goth, and goth being the classical term and not a suburban teenage kid wearing black and bitching about their lives. That's why his work seems so alive and different compared to other directors, because he's a gothic artist and it's cool to see something that unique every once and a while.
 
I just got back from seeing it, and it was of course,the typical Tim Burton experience. Tim Burton movies are either made in the "Posseur goth" vain, or in the " glossy, way too shiny happy colorful" appearance. This movie falls into the second category. It had a few funny moments worth a chuckle, but all in all, this was just another pointless re-make

It was an adaptation of the book...not a remake....
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top