[NEW INFO] "Gokusen 3" starts at 26.4%

"Gokusen 3" starts at 26.4%
Mon, April 21, 2008 (10:38am EDT)==========================================================
The NTV drama series "Gokusen 3" premiered on Saturday, and viewership numbers released by Video Research Ltd. showed that it kicked off the season at 26.4% in the Kanto region. This is only slightly lower than the 26.5% start of "Gokusen 2," which went on to average 27.8% over its entire run.

Meanwhile, the TBS series "ROOKIES," which also deals with a teacher working with delinquent students but involves baseball as well, started out with only 12.2% ratings. The show premiered the same day as "Gokusen" but aired an hour earlier.
==========================================================

these are the ratings of the first episodes.
 
Maybe the rating for Gokusen 3 Episode 1 was high as all the guys were tuning in because Aki Hoshino is in it and playing a nurse XD
 
Man, and I thought ROOKIES was a lot better. Maybe it's because it had a longer running time in its first episode and it has a lot of unknowns? I hope its ratings get better, I'm really liking the show.
 
That was expected though. I've seen a lot of people rate Gokusen 2 higher than the first one...so there were probably pretty high expectations for this new season. I'm guessing the ratings will go down though...the response from the first episode hasn't been great. And as Ryoutarou said, maybe ROOKIES will get more viewers as time goes on.
 
It's really great that it got such a high rating, especially since the dramas that have been running in that spot on that channel for the like the last 2 years have only been getting 10% ratings. The ratings might go down a bit but I'm pretty sure it'll remain high for the whole season. I've seen very good reactions to the first episode, the people who didn't like it are people who decided that they weren't going to like it before they watched it.

ROOKIES will probably do better next week, I think one of the reasons for the rating it got was because for part of it it was running against Gokusen. Next week people will be able watch ROOKIES and then watch Gokusen after.
 
It's really great that it got such a high rating, especially since the dramas that have been running in that spot on that channel for the like the last 2 years have only been getting 10% ratings. The ratings might go down a bit but I'm pretty sure it'll remain high for the whole season. I've seen very good reactions to the first episode, the people who didn't like it are people who decided that they weren't going to like it before they watched it.

ROOKIES will probably do better next week, I think one of the reasons for the rating it got was because for part of it it was running against Gokusen. Next week people will be able watch ROOKIES and then watch Gokusen after.


would be a interesting night for the japanese on the saturday...
 
I think the other reason why Gokusen is getting this much praise is because its following after the two very sucessful predecessors and it has Johnny's Jrs as leads ANNNNNNNNNND because, like I said, its Gokusen.

Personally, I like Gokusen, but I found the second season to be weak as hell . The first one was enough for me, it had a solid cast and it kept me watching. Gokusen 2 was more fanservice than anything. I am not really excited to see the 3 one, I mean, you can only run with the Teacher going against the tough kids while hiding her yakuza family heritage but for so long.

Then again, I'm a big GTO fan and GTO shall always be better than Gokusen.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top