Netflix Pegs Wednesday For November 23

Peter Paltridge

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Netflix has revealed when we can expect Tim Burton’s eight-episode Wednesday series — November 23! Our first thought was, “that date better fall on a Wednesday.” We checked, and it does. So it has that going for it, but it’s strange Netflix would put this out around Thanksgiving instead of Halloween. Until now everyone assumed an October release.
Jenna Ortega, the latest actress to play the Addams daughter, commented to EW.com that the role was different because “We’ve never seen her as a teenager girl.” I would argue that it shouldn’t make THAT much of a difference — Rachel Hunter’s YouTube series Adult Wednesday Addams portrayed her as a grown-up, and there was virtually no difference in her sardonic, cold-as-a-gravestone personality. That wouldn’t change here either, would it? If Wednesday’s personality were to ever change, she would no longer be the same character.
But Ortega means something different...

Continue reading...




 
I'm pleased that Tim Burton is attached to this. When it comes to creating unsettling atmospheres on screen, one of my favorite directors is. Well, I didn't notice, but I'll find out since I'm constantly watching Netflix. I hope this is good because I had been disappointed so many times.
 
While I enjoy the trailer overall, the scene where Wednesday releases friggin piranhas into a pool filled with chlorine is just silly. Fish would suffocate to death if that happened. One of two things is true: either the show's writers are idiots who don't bother to do their homework, or Wednesday is an idiot. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I imagine the show's writers felt it would be a fun scenario. However, shows with more realistic writing, even if set in an impossible environment, are more likely to be enjoyable.
 
Since it's directed by Tim Burton, I'm automatically interested in seeing it. The casting Jenna Ortega is the chef's kiss. Absolutely both, and now we have a release date! I will be sleepless from excitement.
 
I can smell toxic masculinity and never dying virginity from my screen. Maverick, So you think anything with female protagonist is woke? Enjoy your eternal virginity.
 
Cristina Ricci is the Wednesday that I grew up with but I am pretty much open to changes. November 23 is a Wednesday , What a smart release date they had chosen.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top