[J-DRAMA] Need advice from someone who watches Asian-Dramas

Yes, Asian-Dramas. K-Drama, C-Drama, SG-Drama, TW-Drama, HK-Drama, and of course J-Drama. I've watched two Japanese Drama series so far. Great Teacher Onizuka, and Tokyo Dogs. Both great, being an anime and Toku fan, its clear why I watched them.

Trouble is, I don't know where to go from here. I've got some leads on a few series, but in general...nada. There's a reason why I'm asking more than people who've only seen Japanese Dramas: I'm not sure I like them.

For about a year and a half now, I've been looking at Tokyograph's previews for series I might watch, and I always come away disappointed due to the lack of appealing series. I'm normally into either action or comedy, and for Japan action is always related to detective series, which will get old rather fast if I can't get a wider variety.

However, there's been a few C-Drama that I've seen descriptions of and they appeared much more interesting. Like The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries, or K.O.3an guo. Less realism, you know?

So is that what I should be doing? Maybe not focusing much on J-Drama and instead looking at other stuff from across the pond? Anyone capable of answering this question?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well this site has alot of info on dramas: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page.

I say for you, try to catch up on some current dramas, or with some of the actors that you've seen in Tokyo Dogs and GTO, try to looks at the actors profile and see what other dramas they did. Perhaps the descriptions for each drama might interest you.

I say you should try to watch a few other J-dramas. If not, then go with the C-dramas that interests you. We all have different tastes.
 
If you want lists of shows that people have watched, you can go to the threads for that. I don't know any C-dramas, but I would recommend Hana Kimi as another Japanese one you could watch. I think it has more toku guys in it than any other show except Gokusen, and Gokusen had them spread out over three seasons.
 
i think he was looking for something with action in it..not romance XD

although....... i think gokusen has some pretty good fight scenes in there XD which is odd for a drama about school life XD

as for why there isn't mroe action dramas in jpn drama...........it's cuz they don't have the budget for it. action shows take a lot of shots and stuff. lots more training is involved and much more time is needed. frankly they don't have the resources for something like that.

that being said...there's low budget anime-like jdramas out there like fuuma no kojirou.... dont' ask me how the low budget ones can come up with action scenes when the high budget ones can't XD
 
i think he was looking for something with action in it..not romance XD

Correct. Or anything that's less "salaryman/office lady does x" and more "ancient past" or "super spy" or whatever isn't ordinary life.

although....... i think gokusen has some pretty good fight scenes in there XD which is odd for a drama about school life XD

Yeah? Interesting. The couple episodes I saw of Gokusen's anime were okay...the J-Drama, think its worth computer time?

as for why there isn't mroe action dramas in jpn drama...........it's cuz they don't have the budget for it. action shows take a lot of shots and stuff. lots more training is involved and much more time is needed. frankly they don't have the resources for something like that.

that being said...there's low budget anime-like jdramas out there like fuuma no kojirou.... dont' ask me how the low budget ones can come up with action scenes when the high budget ones can't XD

LOL, I always thought it was because they relegated all the really fun stuff to anime and Tokusatsu because it was "kiddy".
 
nah it's more cuz jdramas need to be made in 1 week or so...... of course they have most of it done well before it's aired, but generally it's about a week worth of actual shooting per ep from what i've seen/heard in interviews


for gokusen... i haven't seen the anime so i can't base it off of that... but i suppose if u liked it... then give the drama a try.. mostly when the kids are fighting it's a bit boring cuz they're jsut punching each other.. but it gets cool when yankumi comes in XD anyways... generally people get sick of gokusen by the second season... so i suggest watching at least the first one... and keep going until u get sick of it. ... i've watched them all though.. and i liked them all ._.

ah i thought of another action-y one... bloody monday... well more suspense than real action.. the actual action in that show is mostly hacking XD... well and the occasional running away from the enemy..whoever that may be XD
 
I suggest the newly airing Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. =D
Mop Girl
Liar Game
Kurosagi
Nobuta wo Produce
all of those are jpn

& for tw drama, devil beside you.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top