My custom Gransazer,Justirisers and Sazer X project

闇 戦士
Im currently in the process of creating fully articulated figures of all the characters from Gransazers, Justirisers and Sazer X. Its going to take me a very long time to complete them because I only work on them when I get spare time. My reason for starting this project is because im sure they'll never get figures in the Figuarts line or any other line to be honest.

This project is very expensive!!! Each figure is using a Ultra-act figure as the base body. Mostly Ultraman Tiga because of his slim body. But I have used Ultraman Max and Ultraman Agul for a few figures that are supposed to be more muscular. And they all had to be hunted down especially the Justirisers because they are rare and very hard to find. But I eventually found everyone.

Heres my progress so far. It may look simple but these Ultra-act figures have been heavily modified in order to get the armor to fit naturally and they still have a long way to go.

IMG_3123_zps27790d5c.jpg

IMG_3111_zpsc5338d59.jpg

IMG_3119_zps32d24b04.jpg

IMG_3118_zps9e2c2932.jpg

Once I modify all the figures and make sure they all look top notch they will all be repainted with high quality paint to give them that awesome Figuarts look. I will be updating you guys with my progress from time to time. But like I said this is going to take a while especially for the Gransazers since there are so many team members. The painting process is whats going to take the longest but im enjoying it and seeing how awesome they're turning out so far. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Thanks for looking!:thumbs:

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!
These look pretty offical. Great job!

What are you using to make the suits?

闇 戦士
Im using the 6 inch vinyls that came out years ago.

I was really scared to start this project because those figures are so rare and hard to find.

Had to go through a middleman just to get them. Just to cut them up.:laugh:

I want to try to do Ryukendo next but Im gonna hold off on him for now. I need to focus whats ahead of me.

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!
Cool. I'm looking at getting some vinyls for some custom Rider/sentai inspired Gundam builds myself, so it's nice to know that they'll work for something like this!

How did you graft them onto the body? Super glue?

闇 戦士
How did you graft them onto the body? Super glue?

Nope. Using an exacto knife. Like take the fore-arm section for example. The vinly peices had to be hollowed out really good and the Ultra-act arm had to be sanded and cut down so that the fore-arm armor can just slip over it. Like I said it was pretty difficult. Because I was afraid that if I mess up one of these armor pieces thats it. I dont want to permanently graft them to the bodies until after I prime and repaint all of them.

In the picture some of the armor/suit pieces are not attached because im still modifying the bodies. Especially the females. I just took a pic to give you guys a general look at what im up to. Most of the armor is just sitting there like some of the shoulder armor pieces.

Last edited:
闇 戦士
Thanks.:thumbs: I'm actually still working on these guys. Still gonna take me quite some time to complete everyone's paint job.