Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, shows no one is too old to dream

Super Moderator
Mrs.Harris Goes to Paris will give you warm fuzzy feelings. Unlike that Netflix show about a Girl named Emily that people loves to hate watch. It is based from a novel of Paul Gallico of the same title. If  this movie will be successful, we can expect sequels because the novel is part of a  quadrilogy.
Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

Ada Harris (Lesley Manville) is a widowed Housemaid from London who served people all her life. After the death of her husband, she never had time for herself. She saw her employer purchase an expensive Christian Dior couture dress one day. It is worth 500 British Pounds, which is too costly in the novel’s setting in the late 1950s. She fell in love with the dress and wanted to have one of her own.
Mrs. Harris cleaned houses and scrubbed floors for months because she wanted to afford to buy the dress from...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Let's Hope the movie will succeed so we can have a Mrs. Harris Cinematic Universe! She is an endearing character that reminds me of my loving Nanny.

When I was a student, I did that hustle. I saved my allowance and did some jobs to afford expensive clothing. I needed it to fit in at school because I do not want to look poor, even if I am poor.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
I would be surprised if going to Paris isn't on everybody's Dream Travel Bucket List. If this were a real life story probably the only thing Mrs. Harris might feel bad about is the fact that she could not go to Paris with her husband. I am a widow now and had plans to travel with my husband when our last child graduated from high school. He passed away the first year she was in college. Now I don't have any travel plans. But that's real life, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris is fiction and I'm sure it will be a delightful movie.

Now you don't need to go to Paris to wear Christian Dior. You can buy online but there is a chance its fake.