Microsoft banned from selling Word in the US

Or you can just get Open Office, which is, awesome. And free. And superior to Microsoft.
- Last time I used OpenOffice, it trashed my resumes, excel documents, and made it impossible for companies to read my documentation for programs. I had to go back and buy MS Office anyway.

Why? Because OpenOffice DOC files are INCOMPATIBLE with MS Office. And who uses MS Office for their office systems? NEARLY EVERY FUCKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

If it was just type out and print out files, OpenOffice is fine. But NOT for emailing softcopy DOC files to be used by companies.

I hate Sun and their "We're better, and we'll prove it by fucking up everything you already have because it's not in our format" motto.
 
- Last time I used OpenOffice, it trashed my resumes, excel documents, and made it impossible for companies to read my documentation for programs. I had to go back and buy MS Office anyway.

Why? Because OpenOffice DOC files are INCOMPATIBLE with MS Office. And who uses MS Office for their office systems? NEARLY EVERY FUCKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

If it was just type out and print out files, OpenOffice is fine. But NOT for emailing softcopy DOC files to be used by companies.

I hate Sun and their "We're better, and we'll prove it by fucking up everything you already have because it's not in our format" motto.

Did you not read your settings and save your doc as a .odt file extension? You could've easily just saved it as a compatible .docx file format.
 
Did you not read your settings and save your doc as a .odt file extension? You could've easily just saved it as a compatible .docx file format.
- (grumbles):redface2:

I have MS Office already, so it's kind of pointless to uninstall it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top