Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie

I know I'm a little bit late in chiming in, but the Mega Monster Battle movie was incredible. I'm not sure why I picked it out to watch, but it single handedly reinvigorated my interest in the genre. I used to watch Ultraman Great when I was very young (I would get up super early to catch it) but I hadn't seen or heard anything about it until just recently. I had no idea that it was so big in Japan. But then I watched MMB the movie and was like wtf? This is freakin' awesome! It was to Ultraman what Final Wars should've been to Godzilla. So I worked my way backward, watching Tiga and a lot of Max and Mebius (though Max often seemed like a reworking of the first show). I grew to love certain monsters, hate others. But I've barely scratched the surface. Anyways it was really fun to rewatch this movie and point out the monsters whose names I've learned. Though I must admit, the fact that the monsters were so easy to defeat (I mean Golza and Black King are nearly indestructible what the??) kind of bugged me. But it sure was awesome to see monsters return that never got a second shot (Magular and Bemular). Not to mention that Belial was an awesome villain. I couldn't believe the fight choreography. It reminded me of a live action anime. Godzilla will always be first and foremost in my heart but the Ultraman series has officially taken the number 2 spot. BTW, I just saw Ultra Galaxy Legend: Mega Monster Battle the Movie last year so I'm the very definition of a "noob".
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top