Daikamonohashi
Member
I can't believe I forgot to mention these films. XD I use to watch them when I was a kid.
Toho is my main connection with this genre, man. I love their Showa-era work so much. XD
I can't believe I forgot to mention these films. XD I use to watch them when I was a kid.
I quite liked Gunhed but it's best to think of the titular vehicle as a tank fitted with an AI that enables one person to take it into battle by themselves, rather than an actual mecha. It's more entertaining than The Mysterians was though. I think I fell asleep a couple of times while watching that film. :sweat: King Kong Escapes is classic example of a crappy B movie but it's insane, campy and brilliantly funny and I have a massive soft spot for it. :anime:Definitely Super Robot Red Baron and Juspion. There are also several Toho movies with Mecha, like Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974), Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975), Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002), Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003), The Mysterians (1957), King Kong Escapes (1967). There is also Gunhed (1989) but I'm told it's really dull.
I haven't seen every Kong film so I won't say best of all, but it's massive fun and one of my fav Toho toku films. It also happens to have every bad sci-fi B-movie cliche in it. That's all I meant.Crappy B-movie? YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
King Kong Escapes is the best King Kong movie, bar none.
Toho is my main connection with this genre, man. I love their Showa-era work so much. XD