MAN OF STEEL - Talk UP!

Edit: Also Matt I think you're letting your distaste for the New 52 mess with you a bit. That Jim Lee redesign is way cooler looking than this dull chain-mail look they gave Superman for MoS.

Eh, gonna have to disagree with you there. Though I see where you are coming from in terms of thinking it is "dull". But IMO that is more a problem of certain parts of the movie and a ton of the press art insisting on de-saturating the damn thing. When the colors are allowed to pop that design really comes together and I hope that is a problem that is corrected in the sequel.
 
Speaking overall, I realy liked the movie and don't understand the hate it's getting. I do, however, agree with one of any critics point: the flashbacks.

If the movie was in a chronological order, it would be less confusing. There are a lot of jumps in time in the narrative of the first half, which broke the pacing for me. Second half didn't have any (long) flashbacks and the movie started where every superman movie needs to start: the downfall of Krypton.

I also think Angry Joe had a valid point (he loves the movie btw, saw it three times in theaters): see it as an elseworld tale. An AU superman. Because that's how I see it as well. Marvel has it's own Marvel Movie Universe. I personally think that DC is building it's own Movie Universe. Therefore, Man of Steel is in no way canon with the comic books and should be seen seperatly.

That's my two cents.
 
Eh, gonna have to disagree with you there. Though I see where you are coming from in terms of thinking it is "dull". But IMO that is more a problem of certain parts of the movie and a ton of the press art insisting on de-saturating the damn thing. When the colors are allowed to pop that design really comes together and I hope that is a problem that is corrected in the sequel.

I hope a lot of things are corrected in the sequel, but it's going to be difficult to make me feel anything but "meh" about that armor. He's supposed to be The Man of Tomorrow, but he's wearing old-school chainmail. I'm not a fan, but that's me.
 
This movie was not good. It basically condenses Superman 1 and 2 with better special effects and more weird alien stuff. I'm so sick and tired of seeing General Zod, I wish this movie used another villain. It's also clear when watching the film that Zack Snyder is not a comic book fan (or at least Superman) because this is not what the character is about (crashing through buildings and not saving anyone), you can tell he was interested in doing his interpretation of Krypton more than anything . I found his directorial style weird, most of his scenes are under 2 minutes and he panders his audience by explaining EVERYTHING, at least Nolan treated the audience with some respect

I hope Ben Affleck beats the **** out of Superman in the next movie
 
One thing I found interesting (and I don't remember where I read it) is that Bizarro should have been the villain, due to the entire genetics theme the movie was running on.
 
One thing I found interesting (and I don't remember where I read it) is that Bizarro should have been the villain, due to the entire genetics theme the movie was running on.

and... maybe, had they stuck with that idea, we might have a new Superman to enjoy every once in awhile, instead of this rushed piece of a sequel in order to compete with the Avenger's evergrowing fame.
 
Finally saw this movie on Blu-Ray. Thought it was a good movie. Just took a while to adjust to the new changes they made to the Superman mythos. With Lois knowing Clark and his abilities way before he wore the suit and with Clark not working at Daily Planet yet. The fight between Superman and Zod was pretty cool. Lots of destruction in Metropolis though but it made the conflict look epic. Very shocked he killed Zod too. I can see the controversy surrounding it but I got no problem with why Superman had to do it. So yeah, I enjoyed this movie and it is definitely better than Superman Returns. They have set things up nicely for future films. I thought the random Middle-Earth special feature on Disc 1 was not needed though. Talk about random.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top