Magiranger to Mystic Force. Ideas and thoughts

VengeanceGOD

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
It's a little early to start a topic like this, since Magiranger hasn't finished airing, but I wanted to give some preliminary thoughts I'd had from watching the first 22 eps, and wanted to hear you guys' thoughts as well.

STUFF THEY SHOULD THROW OUT:
-Man-chan, AKA The Plant of Doom. Don't get me wrong, Manny has grown on me, but there is no way a talking plant would work as a mentor in America. It looks like they're going the route of having Magimother's American version be the mentor, and just lose her powers or something, which is good.
-Branken. Have him be a one-shot monster for that huge fight at the Hades Gate. He doesn't need to get any more screen time than that.
-The goofiness...to a certain extent. Magi is way too goofy for America, although anyone who's watched the show in its entirety knows that the goofiness is something the characters put on to shield themselves from the pain of their mom's death. Just tone it down a tad.

STUFF THEY SHOULD KEEP:
-Wolzard's familial relationship to one or all of the rangers. At the very least, if you have to make him a teen as well, he should be a brother or twin to the Red Ranger. It just adds more intensity.
-The family aspect. I like it, personally. I think it's different and kinda cool to have a team that's actually brothers and sisters. Not everyone does, but I think it'd be cool to see for this year in PR.
-The "new spell due to particular Ranger's courageous act" each episode. It allows the episodes to be stand alone without being filler eps, and it works quite well.
-Nai and Mare. The footage dictates you have to use Vancuria, having her split into two and the whole repeating thing is kind of fun.

SUGGESTIONS FOR CHANGES:
-Wolzard as the main villain. WOLZARD AS THE MAIN VILLAIN. Please, I beg you. Having an evil ranger stay evil all season, and be leading the assault against the Rangers himself, as opposed to being some American-made villain's flunky, would rule. Make him able to demorph, and get someone awesome, like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Shang Tsung), to play him out of suit.
-Cast Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Wolzard. I know, I said it twice. It's that cool of an idea. Keith, if you've got Bruce's email still, can you just email him and ask him to consider this? The guy is a GOD at playing villains, he would elevate Mystic Force to a new height as Wolzard.
-Magishine can be a teen. The footage doesn't dictate that he be their teacher, and as a matter of fact it could work. There's stuff already suggesting a sixth/pink relationship...not that there's ever been a PR couple that's gone anywhere since Tommy and Kim. The footage does suggest a sort of arrogance...if he was still a "heavenly saint", but in a teenager's body, that would work as well. I just hope bugetary concerns don't make him permanently a frog. :) (Just kidding Bruce...if you read this.)

Anyway, anyone else? Thoughts, ideas?

I'm posting this as well at RB...I suspect I'll get flamed a lot more there. ;)
 
-Man-chan, AKA The Plant of Doom. Don't get me wrong, Manny has grown on me, but there is no way a talking plant would work as a mentor in America. It looks like they're going the route of having Magimother's American version be the mentor, and just lose her powers or something, which is good.
Hey, if they can have Takku in Time Force, I say BRING ON THE PLANT OF DOOM! :buttrock:
 
VengeanceGOD said:
lol. Considering Bruce made Doggy and Birdy look cooler, it might not be sooo bad. ;)
Maybe on Doggy...he sort of grew on me after a while (the scalyness and dreads freaked me out) but Numa looked like he was a giant, walking bag of rubber...heh....

They don't have to make him "cooler." They could just make him like Takku in reverse (instead of being child-like, make him a strong mentorous type.)
 
Horoko said:
They don't have to make him "cooler." They could just make him like Takku in reverse (instead of being child-like, make him a strong mentorous type.)

That'd be a serious challenge. Bruce is probably up to it though.

I just want Cary-Hiroyuki Takagawa as Wolzard. That's all I really need. :)
 
¬_______¬

There's already a thread about this, it's called something like "Mystic Force, what to expect." Please use the search function in future.
 
Like Rider said. We've had a topic on this already. I think two topics. One is pretty recent. Search function. But oh well. More topics the merrier I suppose. Here's what I typed at RB. It's really nothing new over what I've said at HJU many times before in one of my Nazi PR Rants:

-Female Lead Villain: Wolzard?? Hell No. He doesnt even LOOK like a main villain. He looks like a Knight. Because that's what he is. He's a Magic Knight. Not a leader. Being a bad ass doesnt mean you are a good leader. Knights arent leaders. That doesnt mean he cant be a bad ass. Wolzard reminds me of villains like Goldar, Ecliptor, Villamax, Diabolico. Those kinds. Wolzard isnt main villain material. He doesnt cut it as a guy on a throne barking orders. He is a guy who takes the orders and goes on the ground and starts kicking ass.

It's been a long while since we had a Female Lead villain. If you count Queen Bansheera we have been without since TimeForce. Now we have a magical season so I say it's only fitting we get a Female Villain. A Sorceress would be great.

-Fight Songs: I keep saying it but only because I want to see them return. Fight songs. How hard or expensive could they be, honestly? I dont care if they just copy Super Sentai fight songs. Just as long as we get one or two playing during these Foot Soldier battles or the Ranger battles. I miss them. They gave some of the battles some extra excitement. With Ron doing the themes again, Im sure he wouldnt mind doing a couple extra songs for extra cash. And Disney could produce a Soundtrack for the current season which would sell like HOTCAKEs. Hotcakes dammit! *shakes fist*

-Good Writing: I really dont care if this season is "dark" or "light hearted" or whatever. I dont care anymore. What I care about is good writing. Whatever Bruce and the producers/writers do, I hope they do it in the best interest of the season. If it's one thing Disney knows how to do it's magic. They excel in that catagory. This is a magical season so I hope they do their best to make it a memorable one. I hope they put extra effort into the writing. Who cares if its dark or mature. Who cares if it's light hearted and filled with humor. As long as it entertains me. As long as they put their best suit and tie on and kick some ass with that pen and paper. I want to see some good writing this season. That's all.

-Nai and Mea!: I want to see them in here! They remind me of Marah and Kapri. Baboo and Squatt. That's what they should be in MysticForce, I think. I also think they should be seperate from Vancuria. I like Vancuria and I like the splitting/combining idea. But I think I like the idea of Nai, Mea, and Vancuria being seperate even better. This way the girls can do their comedy reliefe mischief and Vancuria can be her serious self. But ah well. I just hope they are in there in some form.
====

VengeanceGreenRanger said:
STUFF THEY SHOULD THROW OUT:
-Man-chan, AKA The Plant of Doom.?

I like the Mandrake too. He's cute in Magiranger. But I agree with you. Keep it out of PR. It would just come off stupid in PR. Something I dont want in PR really.


VengeanceGreenRanger said:
STUFF THEY SHOULD THROW OUT:
-Branken. Have him be a one-shot monster for that huge fight at the Hades Gate. He doesn't need to get any more screen time than that.

You're fucking insane. Branken is kick ass. I want to see him by the Main Villains side. His conflict with Wolzard would make some good plots. Imagine if we had a sorceress villainess. You have the Sorceress, her knight Wolzard, General Branken, her Spy Vanuria, her little jesters Nai and Mea. I say throw in Meemy in there early on too as an advisor or something. Someone who is powerful but doesnt get his hands dirty unless command. I love big villain groups. Have ever since Rita and Machine Empire. I say keep Branken as a General!


VengeanceGreenRanger said:
STUFF THEY SHOULD KEEP:
-Wolzard's familial relationship to one or all of the rangers. At the very least, if you have to make him a teen as well, he should be a brother or twin to the Red Ranger. It just adds more intensity.

I think so too. To add to this, I think they should keep the death of "Mother" in MysticForce. I dont want them to be a big family. Not a fan of that. They dont need to go that route. But you know, making Yellow and Pink brother and sister might be good. I could see the potential in that. They have had good moments in Magiranger that can be spun a bit differantly in Mystic Force. But back to what I was saying. They should keep the death of "Mother". Like you said, it "adds more intensity". If gives the battles more depth. Because in Magiranger they arent just fighting an evil bad ass. They are fighting the guy that killed their mother and it gives the battle much more dramatic meaning. It matters. It's a moment that needs to be in MF and I will be very dissapointed if it isnt. But I will be forgiving as well. Like I said I dont care. I have ideas on what would BE kewl but Im not going to start bashing the writers if they dont go in the direction I want. I will enjoy whatever comes out.


VengeanceGreenRanger said:
STUFF THEY SHOULD KEEP:
-The family aspect. I like it, personally.

SUGGESTIONS FOR CHANGES:
-Wolzard as the main villain. WOLZARD AS THE MAIN VILLAIN. Please, I beg you. Having an evil ranger stay evil all season, and be leading the assault against the Rangers himself, as opposed to being some American-made villain's flunky, would rule. Make him able to demorph, and get someone awesome, like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Shang Tsung), to play him out of suit.

Anyway, anyone else? Thoughts, ideas?

Never!!

Anywho. No harm in sharing ideas. It's always kewl to see just how differant most of us think. Whatever they do with MysticForce I just hope they put their effort into it the same way they did with SPD. I hope they make it more original from Magiranger and take their liberties to give us a memorable season. This is a Magic Season and this is Disney. Nows a perfect chance to show us how bad ass and great Power Rangers can be.
 
I think they should....




BRING BACK TOMMEY AS TEH GREEEN RANGAR!!




His hair should be long though (just like old school Tommy) so it would be identical with Makito.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top