Live Action Star Wars TV Series Closer To Reality

Punk

#MissionMiami
http://screenrant.com/live-action-star-wars-tv-show-step-closer-reality-niall-6025/

A live action Star Wars television series has been talked about since 2005 when George Lucas first mentioned the show and the Clone War animated series while doing promotion for Star Wars Episode III Revenge of The Sith.

Lucas and a group of writers started writing scripts for the 100 episode series way back in 2007, but now comes the first news that casting for the series is underway.


MTV spoke with Star Wars bit part actress Rose Byrne at the Knowing press junket and she said:

“A lot of my friends have been auditioning for it”

While it’s not an awful lot to go on it does look that Lucas will once again unleash the force once more.

As a huge Star Wars fan (I have no idea how many DVDs and VHS copies I own) I have to admit that I haven’t watched the last animated movie or it’s television counterpart. It’s animation - I just don’t get animation.

However, I may just get excited by a live action series - if it’s done right. Television is a new frontier for narrative story telling and I feel that if Lucas has developed the series correctly then it could be a good show.

I know that there an awful lot of Lucas haters out there who feel that he has milked the Star Wars cash cow for all it’s worth, but I believe that we have to give this series a chance - lets see some previews before we bash it.

Don’t expect to see any familiar faces in the show - it’s due to be set in the 20 years between Episode III and Episode IV but with no major character making an appearance.

If Lucas is only casting at the moment I’d say that the show is probably another two or three years away due to the technical effects and because I’d imagine that they’d want a few episodes in the can before they premiere on television.

Screen Rant will have more news on the live action Star Wars series when we get it.

I can't say I'm not hyped about it. I've always felt a TV series fit Star Wars more than movies which is why I like Clone Wars but the problem with Clone Wars is the plots are too damn random for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I like how the guy writing the article states he's a huge SW fan but hasn't seen the CW movie and series.

Huge Star Wars fan, he is not.
 
I know that there an awful lot of Lucas haters out there who feel that he has milked the Star Wars cash cow for all it’s worth, but I believe that we have to give this series a chance - lets see some previews before we bash it.

Hmmmm.... I'll think about it....

Nope! Just another worthless side-story. Like we don't know what's going to happen next.

This LilFormers strip sums up my feelings:
http://www.lilformers.com/index.php/2009/05/11/lil-formers-146-holy-trek/
 
Maybe Mr. Lucas is jealous of Mr. Roddenberry's series.

If the series is done right, Star Wars would be a welcome change to the TV lineup.
 
I like how the guy writing the article states he's a huge SW fan but hasn't seen the CW movie and series.

Huge Star Wars fan, he is not.
I own all the original movies on VHS (Regular and Special Edition), the entire trilogy on DVD, most of the Expanded Universe novels (including weird ones like the Lando Calrissian trilogy), many of the graphic novels, and the Clone Wars animated shorts on DVD.

And I have not watched the Clone Wars movie, nor the animated series.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I feel Lucas is not aiming for me with that series. Every review of the movie said it was tripe. I may go back and do the series as I've heard it's very good when it doesn't focus on Anakin and Ahsoka.
 
I like how the guy writing the article states he's a huge SW fan but hasn't seen the CW movie and series.

Huge Star Wars fan, he is not.

This comment is way off the mark. I'm not dissing the CW movie or series, I regularly watch the show. But so far the show is merely a foot note to the Legacy of Star Wars. CW is about as relevant as the Holiday Special.
 
This comment is way off the mark. I'm not dissing the CW movie or series, I regularly watch the show. But so far the show is merely a foot note to the Legacy of Star Wars. CW is about as relevant as the Holiday Special.

Yeah, I'd settle for the Holiday Special.
 
I am a HUGE fan of the original trilogy. HUGE.

But you couldn't pay me to give a damn about the rest of the series these days.

That is exactly how I feel.

Just like the original 1966 TV series is my favorite Trek-anything, the original unaltered trilogy is my favorite Wars-anything.

George Lucas is trying feebly to make Star Wars relevant again, and fails. At this rate, he might as well do a remake of the original trilogy! Not that he wants to. Instead, he'll probably add MORE wanton CGFX to the original films! Again.
 
That is exactly how I feel.

Just like the original 1966 TV series is my favorite Trek-anything, the original unaltered trilogy is my favorite Wars-anything.

George Lucas is trying feebly to make Star Wars relevant again, and fails. At this rate, he might as well do a remake of the original trilogy! Not that he wants to. Instead, he'll probably add MORE wanton CGFX to the original films! Again.

See, I wouldn't go that far, because kids are enjoying the series very much. It's just not the series that I grew with. My Star Wars grew into the Expanded Universe, which is a bit more adult, more nuanced, and a bit deeper. I don't begrudge them for producing a series for their intended audience. In fact, that series is doing very very well with it's intended audience. We're the ones who really are not relevant in the big picture. Aiming for the younger audience is smart. More toys sold, more games sold, more costumes sold. And it's not like the expanded universe went anywhere.

Like I said, I'll probably catch up with it, as I've heard it's better at points, but it wasn't made for me, and I'm fine with that.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top