Ledger fans call for Joker's retirement from films

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all this hallowed ground nonsense... You don't "retire" the Joker just because ONE actor who played him died. That would be like closing an entire road because a person died in a car accident... it's just retarded. :shakefist
 
Online petitions never work (at least 99.9% of the time) but they are nice to have around for a good laugh or two. :laugh:
 
those people need to get a life.



Mark Hamil was better anyways.

FUCKING. YES.

I honestly don't get what people see in Heath Ledger's performance. He was a great actor, sure, but he hardly acted like The Joker at all. He was just putting on greasepaint (for ALMOST all of the movie :redface2:), spouting one-liners, and making weird noises with his mouth. He also only did the famous Joker laugh once in the entire movie.

If they had said that he were portraying an original character made just for the movie, then I would've been cool with it. But they said that he was The Joker, which he wasn't.

I'm actually thoroughly convinced that a lot of the people who jumped on the bandwagon don't even care that he was supposed to be The Joker. I bet that they're all Ledger fans, and not Joker fans. Nothing wrong with that, but they shouldn't act like they know everything about the character from watching this one movie.
 
FUCKING. YES.
I bet that they're all Ledger fans, and not Joker fans.

They're not even Ledger fans mostly. They're sympathy for someone who died fans. Ledger had a moderate following before his death at best. After though, he got the 2-Pac effect (I know he was bigger than Heath at the time of his passing, but it worked in the same way for him) and people started to say he should be immortalized for one role that, as you said wasn't even the joker at all.

Not that its something that I wasn't expecting from the Nolanverse Batman. I don't think they've made one character right on. Its just like the Transformers movie, if they would've called it something different, something original I'd take the movies better. The fact that they're trying to pass off these characters just to get in on character recognition is horrible. They try to justify it to by adding in little moments "for the fans." Thats all well and good except for the fact that the actual characters and stories have no semblance to what they're supposed to be.
 
FUCKING. YES.

I honestly don't get what people see in Heath Ledger's performance. He was a great actor, sure, but he hardly acted like The Joker at all.

So.... Which version of the Joker did he "hardly act like at all"?

for the fact that the actual characters and stories have no semblance to what they're supposed to be.


That is not a fact at all. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't make it a fact.
 
Not that its something that I wasn't expecting from the Nolanverse Batman. I don't think they've made one character right on.
If comic book live action characters were "right on" as you say, it would be ridiculous and completely unrealistic, and thus pointless to adapt almost any comic book into live action.

Jack's portrayal of The Joker is far more "comic booky" than Heath's, but Heath's is more realistic and scary, which is exactly what Nolan was going for. So your complaint is kind of silly.
 
I believe it is a fact. Bruce was never like that at all, Joker was never like that at all, Scare Crow was DEFINITELY not like he was in the movie.

The fact that they're saying no to including Robin is a testament to my beliefs. By insisting not to include him in any and all sequels no matter what is proof that they're not caring too much about Batman.

Also, the fact that they're "grounding" everything to make it more realistic. So, lets get this straight. They're trying to make a man in a bat costume running around to fight a seemingly impervious man in clown make up realistic. That is not paying any due to the story, as it just creates holes. If Batman was realistic, he would've been taken out by a sniper within a few months, he certainly shows himself enough.

By taking Batman and doing him like this its just encouraging other franchises that they can take a few parts of a super hero they like, and just bullshit the rest of it that they will make tons of money. Which they will, don't get me wrong. That does not change that it has little or nothing to do with Batman.

If you're going to do that to a comic book character, just call it something different, have kick ass NEW characters and be on your way. That way the fan community won't be split like it is now.
 
I believe it is a fact. Bruce was never like that at all, Joker was never like that at all, Scare Crow was DEFINITELY not like he was in the movie.

The fact that they're saying no to including Robin is a testament to my beliefs. By insisting not to include him in any and all sequels no matter what is proof that they're not caring too much about Batman.

Also, the fact that they're "grounding" everything to make it more realistic. So, lets get this straight. They're trying to make a man in a bat costume running around to fight a seemingly impervious man in clown make up realistic. That is not paying any due to the story, as it just creates holes. If Batman was realistic, he would've been taken out by a sniper within a few months, he certainly shows himself enough.

By taking Batman and doing him like this its just encouraging other franchises that they can take a few parts of a super hero they like, and just bullshit the rest of it that they will make tons of money. Which they will, don't get me wrong. That does not change that it has little or nothing to do with Batman.

If you're going to do that to a comic book character, just call it something different, have kick ass NEW characters and be on your way. That way the fan community won't be split like it is now.

Stop acting like everything is fact. Knock it off. That's an opinion, but not a fact.
 
Wow....Guyver Zero, I'm curious as to what you consider a "good" comic book movie then, cause your post insists that you want more or less a direct adaptation of the source with no realism involved...? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, idk, I just think you want what will never be. If it bothers you that much, then just stick to the comics.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top