Ledger fans call for Joker's retirement from films

No, all of the things I've stated up there were fact.

Bale said he would not be in a movie if Robin were included. So, thats a fact.

Nolan said his goal with the new batman movies were to ground them and make them more believeable, so thats a fact.

Those were the two things I said were facts, and they are. Both of these were said in interviews.

As far as the characters not being like themselves being fact, read anything but Millers work and the works influenced by that (ie 95% of Batman comics, although not so much nowadays) and you'll see that what I said about the character changes is also a fact.

Oh, and as far as a good comic book movie, there have been a few great ones. The main ingredients that I'm looking for in one is something that doesn't try to explain everything in a believable way. The thing about comic books is that you're supposed to just take it that adamantium is strong as all hell for example. The whole thing with comic books is that you're supposed to believe and take some things, just like in toku. In explaining everything, you're just opening up the flood gates, because if I'm supposed think everything is believable, it just makes believing things that they want you to without giving much of an explanation really hard, if that makes sense at all, I think it does, but I could be wrong.
 
Last edited:
I rest my case. :rolleyes2:

So...the star of a movie stating something is just an opinion now? Seems like this is happening alot lately on these boards *cough*Decade 30 eps*cough*

And I'm really sorry, I didn't mean that to be an ass, I really didn't. I just can't pass up an opportunity to comment on the Decade episode craziness going on right now on HJU.

Really though, I am open to this despite all my "facting"(I just like to overuse words sometimes, its a fault I have) I would like to know how not even being willing to include a kind of central part for many years like Robin, or forcing everything in the world to be explained, or any of the other things I said is anything but a "reinvention"

If it is indeed a reinvention then, why wouldn't they just make a new story if they were going to change so much with the world?

The closest thing I can think of right now at almost one in the morning is the Kamen Rider movies that have recently come out. They have Ichigo and they have the rider suits and they look cool, and all this other stuff, but it doesn't really feel like I'm watching Kamen Rider, but something completely different. They took away the henshin, they took away the Rider Kick (he does it, I know but its not anywhere near the same) At that point, despite my love for the character (although I'm more of a Superman person than a Batman person) I'd rather that they just did an entirely new story.
 
Last edited:
As far as the characters not being like themselves being fact, read anything but Millers work and the works influenced by that (ie 95% of Batman comics, although not so much nowadays) and you'll see that what I said about the character changes is also a fact.

No it's really not. Just because you say it enough times, will not make it true.
 
See I gotta agree with the first post. Once we get someone else doing Joker and it isn't as good as Heath's then there will be so much bitching and complaining. I personally say fade the character for now and focus on others like Riddler, Mr.Freeze, etc.
 
guyver zero, I don't see WHY you're complaining.

It's just like The FIRST and The NEXT. Not so much people complains on that around here, considering they twisted **** loads of plot and characters. It's the same **** here with Batman. It's a Remake of the previous movies.

The best thing I suggest people do, is just shut up, watch the next film or not, and just continue with their own lives. No one has control over what someone wishes to write. And when it's made, it's made. That's why I'm not a Den-O Hater. I might be annoyed by the comedy, but I still do like it, even if it's on my last of the list.
 
See, it's all about Heath Ledger, and not the Joker! These are Heath Ledger fans. They don't give a crap about the Joker.

IMHO, just because even Caesar Romero has left us 15 years ago, that doesn't mean that no one can ever play the Joker. I'm sure they can find a capable actor.

The Joker is not Heath Ledger, he is a comic-book character. Created by Bob Kane, Bill Finger, and Jerry Robinson, and owned by DC Comics, so his fate is in their hands. He is one of comics' most popular and enduring iconic villains! He will live forever in films and TV. And no one actor's death is going to stop the character from ever being used.

That's like saying no one should play Lex Luthor if Gene Hackman or thereabouts dies.

These "fans" should get a life.
 
I doubt these are really Ledger fans. They're probably just TDK hop-ons, who saw the movie over the summer and thought it was god's gift to man.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top