Kamen Rider Twist action Reviews?

DSP

Lurker
I've been looking at the twist action figures and was wondering has anyone got them yet and are willing to do a review of em?
 
I got Ryuki over the weekend for cheap, but I still need to open it up.

Ahh cool, mind reviewing it when ya open it? I want to make sure I want it before I buy it since it is costly for me to get :/ but it does look cool but there's a real lack of reviews of em
 
fanmode.net has a lot of Japanese reviews up that are very well pictured.

Yeah I've checked it out before, they only have kuuga up but I kinda want to see the scale of this figure compared to others, plus I have yet to see a review of the deno and ryuki figures.
 
I'll have to do a more detailed review later, but I opened up Ryuki and he's alright. I would say that these figures (or at least this figure) aren't actually as bad as what I had feared, but I don't think this is quite going to be the next big thing like Bandai's trying to push it to be (but they've already got Knight & Momotaros lined up to come out,, so hey.)

As it is, it's basically poseable enough to not feel like they failed, but not nearly as poseable as they probably intended it to be. I like it enough that if I saw the others for as cheap as I got this one (about $10 at a con) I'd pick them up, but I think I'll pass on the others until then.
 
I'll have to do a more detailed review later, but I opened up Ryuki and he's alright. I would say that these figures (or at least this figure) aren't actually as bad as what I had feared, but I don't think this is quite going to be the next big thing like Bandai's trying to push it to be (but they've already got Knight & Momotaros lined up to come out,, so hey.)

As it is, it's basically poseable enough to not feel like they failed, but not nearly as poseable as they probably intended it to be. I like it enough that if I saw the others for as cheap as I got this one (about $10 at a con) I'd pick them up, but I think I'll pass on the others until then.


There pretty expensive though, for what they are. I'd much rather get the Figuarts Kuuga then the Twist Action form. Speaking of which, how durable are they compared to Figuarts? That's one thing I've been wondering sense their announcement.

Also, they look about SIC height.
 
Well again, I got it for cheap. :D For about $10, they're totally worth it. For the SRP... not sure about that.

FiguArts have their own share of problems honestly (delicate hand joints, occasional pre-loose joints and from what I've heard some rarely are missing pieces in the box) but then so do all toy lines, none of them are perfect. I could sooner see them breaking than this, though they're much more poseable.

The TAF figure's inner frame allows for a lot of movement, but not as much as Bandai wanted. Right now I would recommend FiguArts over these, but if Bandai retooled them to be something closer to what fans have been making for years with the RH figures and Ohtsuka bodies... that's a different story. Right now though, I'd go with FiguArts.

The figures are roughly bigger than an RH/LRS vinyl figure, so just a bit shorter than S.I.C.
 
On the Twist action--are they "bendy" arms like the old bendable-joint rubber toys from the 70's? The knid that, if you bend them too much, they wear down and snap?
 
They have a padded metal frame system. I'd be more concerned about the restriction this places on movement rather than them breaking, they're pretty sturdy. Ryuki's held up fine, but unless Knight looks really cool or they put out someone I really want (like a classic Rider) I think I'm going to pass on the rest of this line.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top