Tigerhawk21
Member
(OOC: So sorry for the delay!)
A sudden twitch caught Renji’s eye as the woman seemed irritated at his remark. “I assure you this is an Alliance chopper. Though I understand your weariness Renji.”
Opening his mouth to respond, Renji was interrupted by a familiar voice.
Renji paused a moment as he boarded to take in the scene before him.
The woman watched for a moment before going over to the medic who seemed concerned. “Something wrong?” She asked leaning in close to the girl.
“Ah! Sorry Ma’ am... heh -startled me. Um... yes well... This girl isn’t healing at a normal rate. She’s healing far slower than normal in fact-” He looks at the monitor for a moment “-Ah there’s the reason. She lacks Nanites... though how that’s possible-” The medic continued as the woman silently backed away.
“That’s good enough. Leave her alone for now.” She ordered as the medic nodded and turned his focus to V3.
Her concern was clear, though most would miss it. Renji perked up slightly as the woman sat down in front of him. Her gaze locked with Renji’s as the rider sensed a mix of distress and fear from her posture. “I need a favor from you Gatack... no from Renji Kage. Protect these children. This boy is not enough to-”
“I can protect Airi-san!” Takashi yelled in a fury as he moved towards the woman “I don’t need-”
But a hand blocked his path, and Takashi found the rider stopping him.
“She’s right boy... if courage and willpower was enough you’d have ‘em in spades. But it’s not... power... real power is needed to survive. To protect. To fight. I have that.” Renji stated as his Zecter beeped “Listen to me boy. Never lose that courage; that will to protect those dear to you; if you do... you’re nothing but a soulless monster. Understand?”
Renji chuckled “Just call me Renji kid. Or Gatack. I’ll answer to either for you.”
Takashi grinned “I’m Takashi and this-” He pointed to the girl “is Airi-san”
Renji smiled “Pleasure to meet you both.” He nodded to the girl before patting Takashi on the shoulder. The woman seemed pleased and far more relaxed than Renji had seen her.
The agent suddenly came over to Renji and said calmly “We’re heading to Futo HQ Gatack-san.”
Renji raised a hand and asked “Anyone mind if I take a nap? I’m gonna pass out soon.”
The agent turned to Dual Face and stated bluntly “It’s just as you predicted..."
----------------------------------
Renji glanced at the man handing him water, his mind more focused on the female voice speaking. He took a large gulp of water and polished off half the bottle. He gripped Amazon’s skull tighter as a basket lowered from the helicopter.
Watching as V3 and Two were loaded into the chopper, Renji finally found the strength to move and staggered over to the woman. The air whipped violently around them as the sleek black chopper landed, to let the remaining people board. Renji turned to the woman “I’ve never seen a chopper like this before. Accel never seemed to be into stealth, at least not like this thing is.”
A sudden twitch caught Renji’s eye as the woman seemed irritated at his remark. “I assure you this is an Alliance chopper. Though I understand your weariness Renji.”
Opening his mouth to respond, Renji was interrupted by a familiar voice.
“You! The one from...” Takashi trailed off, his mind now just wrapping around what occurred earlier.
Renji paused a moment as he boarded to take in the scene before him.
Two’s body along with the injured V3 together on one side of the chopper; the boy and the girl from the forest on the other. The girl seemed injured and was being worked on by the medic. The woman shut the door behind them and the chopper took off. She pointed to a chair, her intention clear.
Renji sat down, his body giving out as his mind worked rapidly. He gripped Amazon’s skull and showed it to the boy. “Don’t worry kid. I gave that bastard the death he deserved” Renji stated calmly as the boy tentatively reached out to take the skull.
The woman watched for a moment before going over to the medic who seemed concerned. “Something wrong?” She asked leaning in close to the girl.
“Ah! Sorry Ma’ am... heh -startled me. Um... yes well... This girl isn’t healing at a normal rate. She’s healing far slower than normal in fact-” He looks at the monitor for a moment “-Ah there’s the reason. She lacks Nanites... though how that’s possible-” The medic continued as the woman silently backed away.
“That’s good enough. Leave her alone for now.” She ordered as the medic nodded and turned his focus to V3.
Her concern was clear, though most would miss it. Renji perked up slightly as the woman sat down in front of him. Her gaze locked with Renji’s as the rider sensed a mix of distress and fear from her posture. “I need a favor from you Gatack... no from Renji Kage. Protect these children. This boy is not enough to-”
“I can protect Airi-san!” Takashi yelled in a fury as he moved towards the woman “I don’t need-”
But a hand blocked his path, and Takashi found the rider stopping him.
“Wha-”
“She’s right boy... if courage and willpower was enough you’d have ‘em in spades. But it’s not... power... real power is needed to survive. To protect. To fight. I have that.” Renji stated as his Zecter beeped “Listen to me boy. Never lose that courage; that will to protect those dear to you; if you do... you’re nothing but a soulless monster. Understand?”
Takashi blinked in shock. He took a few moments to contemplate what the man was saying. “I... think I understand... Mr. Kage”
Renji chuckled “Just call me Renji kid. Or Gatack. I’ll answer to either for you.”
Takashi grinned “I’m Takashi and this-” He pointed to the girl “is Airi-san”
Renji smiled “Pleasure to meet you both.” He nodded to the girl before patting Takashi on the shoulder. The woman seemed pleased and far more relaxed than Renji had seen her.
The agent suddenly came over to Renji and said calmly “We’re heading to Futo HQ Gatack-san.”
Renji raised a hand and asked “Anyone mind if I take a nap? I’m gonna pass out soon.”
The agent turned to Dual Face and stated bluntly “It’s just as you predicted..."
Though Renji heard this his exhaustion caused him to drifted off to sleep, though he would ponder it’s meaning upon awakening.