Kamen Rider The First (Media-Blaster) - Talk Up!

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Kamen Rider The First (Media-Blasters) - Talk Up!

FINALLY. I watched it last night and I gotta say I LOVED IT. Friggin' amazing.

Pro:

-Loved the romance between Hongo Takeshi, Asuka and Ichimonji Hayato.
-Excellent acting. They were so good.
-The Shockers. My gosh. I loved them all, especially Spider.
-The subplot about two illness people who later became into Cobra and Snake. I loved that subplot. I must say it's nice to see them together and then became into villains.
-The wire work were excellent. Well done.
-The Choreography Fights were really well done.
-The Legendary Actor who used to play as Kamen Rider V3, Hiroshi Miyauchi... it was NICE to see him in this movie. I hope he comes back in the sequel (If the rumour is true). Hiroshi Miyauchi FOREVER!

Bat looks very interesting and it reminds me of Agent Aburera from Dekaranger. :thumbs:

Con:

-One thing that bothers me, it's like something went go fast. I wish they put the UNCUT version in that movie, just like Hakaider Movie. But heck, it was very enjoyable to watch.

Overall, this movie gets an A-. Good plot and subplot as well. Also, Behind-The-Scenes was really cool. I must say it's a worth to buy it and watch the movie!!

I'm definitely looking forward to see the sequel...if the rumour is true.

HENSHIN! :buttrock:

EDIT: Can someone put "s" at the end of Blaster? Thanks!
 
Last edited:
My favorite things about the movie were the costume designs and the action. Well also the way they highlighted the Kaijin origins of the Riders, I mean "Hoppers." Some stuff, like Hongo's passion for water crystals didn't make a lot of sense to me. Also didn't care so much for the Snake and Cobra subplot myself. Still an enjoyable movie, I watched it twice after getting it.

As far as the DVD, I wish it had been the 2-disc set that was previously reported, but the extras we got were good enough I suppose. Perhaps Media Blasters first planned to release the content from the R2 Special Edition but ultimately decided to do the regular version. At least we got the "making of" which I don't believe was on the regular of the R2, and I enjoyed watching that.
 
The action was great. I really didn't care about the characters too much though. It was a decent story though.

Edit: I didn't realize this was a retelling of an old story. It was definitely presented well. I just thought some of the ideas while interesting, I didn't like the sappy romance which was the main focus of the movie.
 
Last edited:
I bought my copy last monday. Not gonna bother opening it at all, just keeping it on display beside my Space Sheriff Spirits game and Kikaider DVD boxset. :buttrock:
 
-Loved the romance between Hongo Takeshi, Asuka and Ichimonji Hayato.

-The wire work were excellent. Well done.
-The Choreography Fights were really well done.

The romance was the worst part of the whole movie if you ask me, they "modernized" it by throwing in a random romance element that came from nowhere (there is no romance in the original Kamen Rider), back in the days of martial arts movies, it was believed no Martial Arts movie would succeed without a romance element (until 36 Chambers of the Shaolin came around), the directors of The First probably thought the same.

And just about all of the fights in the movie is done with Wire Fu, and Wire Fu is lame :thumbs:

But besides that overall I'd give the movie an A as a stand alone Kamen Rider project, but if you call as a supposed remake of the original Kamen Rider I'd give it a C-. Now if you watch this movie and think its the same thing as watching the original Kamen Rider you are HORRIBLE mistaken :thumbs: Although Spider looks way better than Kumo-Otoko >__>, but Kumo would so kick Spider's ass cause of the darts he has <__<.

I'm ordering the movie today btw :buttrock:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top