KingRanger
Banned
without a couple episodes fansubbed how does one even know if it's worth that?
youtube
wiki
you are on the net and you ask how? You don't need subs to sample if you might like it or not.
without a couple episodes fansubbed how does one even know if it's worth that?
@toranoko, not sure if watching a Japanese dub of a foreign show would help learning Japanese other than it being a mere curiosity. I could imagine if people went off this kind of learning, we'd have botched versions of Japanese spoken where the lip movements are more in common with the English than the actual Japanese, looking awkward as heck. Firefly comes in mind.
Not mocking you, but while I love the idea, it becomes problematic. Just use it as a reference of pronunciation, but watch some normal J-dramas and the news if you got access to it.
youtube
wiki
you are on the net and you ask how? You don't need subs to sample if you might like it or not.
That's hardly sufficient.
I honestly have no idea what you trying to say about lip movements or anything. All I got out of your post was that you were telling me my way of practicing Japanese is stupid. :sly:
You missed the point. I'm not against that form of learning in any form , but to emphasize Japanese dubs of foreign as not much of a great strategy.I hope you based your entire post on the thought that I'm trying to teach myself Japanese by sitting around watching things in Japanese. But I'll correct you now: I'm not 5 nor a genius, I can't pick up a language like that. I take lessons, but that's the only time I'm around anyone speaking Japanese.
So I watch Japanese dubs of movies/tv shows to help with immersion. For practice. So sue me if actively listening to native Japanese speakers does help me.
I understand that, just make sure you only use it for the basics and not a crutch.I just listen to dubs because they are easier to understand. Pretty sure it has to do with having to be more concise for the English>Japanese translation, which works perfectly for my level of Japanese. Yes, jdramas or the news or (even better) variety shows would be best for learning how Japanese people actually speak, and I watch those occasionally too.
ROFL. That's super funny. Is it better in Japanese than English?But yeah, back to what I said in my original post. My excuse for watching the dub of Dragon Knight is I'm practicing my Japanese. And not the fact that Matt Mullins is super hot. :drool: Oh, and Satoshi Matsuda's voice... :drool: :drool: