Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight - The Official Thread

Lyrics can be a good or a bad thing... all Kamen Rider shows have lyrical intros as far as I know, and they're all good. But that's the Japanese though... a lyrical intro here tends to be cheezy as hell, trying to be "hip" with the kids and inevitably falling flat on its arse. One Piece or Power Rangers, anyone?

So the real question is, will it be a lame, cheezy-as-hell hip hop intro like PR, or something actually halfway decent and possibly ipod-worthy?
 
But the japanese openers are actually released as singles, and oftentimes performed by artists that are known to a lot of people. They're not one-minute long mini-songs made JUST for the intro. They're extended tracks that are only later edited down to fit within the alotted time of the intro.

So yeah, I'd prefer if the song they got was something that could just be a "regular song" that just HAPPENS to fit with some of the show's themes. Instead of one that telegraphs "Kamen Riders, monsters, and explosions."
 
Hmmm....How about...Welcome to the Black Parade by Chemical Romance? Or Phenomenon by Thousand Foot Krunch? Maybe Dreams by Van Helen? Or Fighting by Yellowcard?
 
Oh.. I did get this little bit of news. KRDK will be getting a opening theme, complete with song.

And the Japanese version will have a different song.

We'll be getting both on MP3 once they hit the air, if not sooner. :thumbs:

I hope that for the series after DK ,they request to make a KR Black remake for the USA , with suits designed by the people who did Agito/Kuuga. The reason why is because I would love to see the KR Black saga redone after what had happened with RX. If not ,they should try to bring Agito/Kuuga over.
 
Nah. It's been there, done that. You might not like Masked Rider (most people don't), but it is what it is. Let's adapt something new. As far as the next adaptation goes, I'd like to see them move forward. It'll be 2009 by the time Dragon Knight airs and Ryuki aired in what? 2001? Probably best not to reach too far back.

To be honest, I'd like to see all of the post Ryuki shows adapted (even though I'm not a fan of Hibiki really, I think it's got some good stuff to work with), but above all else, I want them to further the awesomeness that appears to be Dragon Knight. Don't just adapt for the sake of adapting, but try to make it a show that we can enjoy.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…