I agree with Dark Kabuto. Perhaps a more in-depth explanation of the 'free-form' plot of the first chapter?
Will the characters meet their Imagin partners and end up fighting alone for a time?
or be forcibly recruited into the Time Police as a 'system/time threat' or something similar?
or perhaps they refuse to fight and are hunted by both Imagin and the Time Police, meeting the others through many 'less than ideal' situations?
or any number of things not written here.
You see where I'm going with this, free-form can/does mean infinite possibility's.
Most RPer's (speaking mainly for myself here) would like to know that situation A is the main plot, but situation B and C (or D/E/F and so forth) exist and can be taken instead but (normally) all will lead to situation A at some point in the arc which at the point the main plot (A in this example) will truly begin to unfold around the characters.
I hope this helps drakeonis (sorry for being so long winded).
I wish to re-state once again that these are purely MY OPINIONS and are not meant to offend, anger, insult anyone or anything on this board.