Kamen Rider Den-O: A Year in Retrospect

I don't think we'll ever get a great series that combines silly comedy and serious and intense moments like Den-O did.

I'll definitely miss Den-O. It'll be hard to forget it now.
 
All of you've spoken what I wanted to say. . .
Den-O is indeed a great series. . .:thumbs:

Den-O succed to entertain me this year, I won't forget this show :buttrock:
 
Damn. My only question now is about Elder Sakurai. It's really like the story of Altair and Vega now.
 
I've watched some KR Series and for me, Den-O has a very good and satisfying ending. Den-O has succeeded in seducing me emotionally. It's kinda hard to face that Den-O has ended already, but life goes on, as Ryotaro and the gang rides on time.

I need some tissue.
 
This series got me back into Kamen Rider again.( Not really into multiple Riders) Been watching since episode #1 and now I feel sad to see it go.
 
I don't think we'll ever get a great series that combines silly comedy and serious and intense moments like Den-O did.

Abaranger still ranks high in that book IMO.

Den-O was a much needed change in pace from the past few years and in that sense, it was a great series. Action was solid, there were characters that I actually gave a damn about, hell the movie didn't even suck, that alone should be an indicator :P

I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is the Best Rider Series To Date though. The story didn't really know what it was doing half the time as it dabbled in the constant stream of two episode arcs and form upgrades and then pulled the ever popular "Oh Crap Guyz! We Haz A Plot!" formula which at first seemed like it would work but left a small trail of plot holes in its wake.

The final act was a bit of a letdown as well, (Hidden for spoilerS)
[hide]Sure we had a flashy epic final move but I felt somewhat cheated as we never got to have a final confrontation with Kai, the farewell scene doesn't feel like a farewell and feels rushed, and we have a quasi-repeat of the Timeranger ending with a hint of Ryuki and Blade in the now traditional "Mass Production Villain Swarm Plot Device". The momentum of the whole thing just stops dead and whatever emotional attachment you had just make the whole thing all the more awkward.

The one major gripe I had about this (and I know that nothing could have been done about this): Yuriko Shiratori not showing up at all whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if her career takes a hit because of this. [/hide]

I'm sure people will dispute the flaws and there are some that will claim that this is the Best Rider Series To Date but there's something to that. There is always going to be a new fan or fans that come in on the most recent show and they'll always say that THAT show will be the best EVAR!!1. It seems like Den-O along with Kabuto brought in a lot of fans during their broadcast runs so hence the uber worship that's shown up from time to time. I could spend a whole two pages going on further about this but I've got some early B-Day presents to burn through :P

All in all, Den-O was just another Rider series to fill the year and sell some toys. Nothing that stands out in terms of memorable moments aside from flashy fights but it may be the next trend-setter if Kiva is any indication.

Speaking of which, I wish we could get something like Kuuga or Blade again with Kiva as I've gotten that vibe with the latest teaser. However, seeing as how I can't complain about something I haven't seen yet, I'm just going to stop while I'm ahead and call Five Episode Rule on the series starting from the premiere next week (Happy B-day to me ^_^)
 
It wasn't the best season, but was certainly one of the most enjoyable! I'm really going to miss the characters; they were quite possible the most inventive I've ever seen in a Rider show! :thumbs:
 
Man, what a great show ever I've seen, despite the flaws out there. Especially in the middle of the show. Five or six episodes were all about the movie, continuity from the movie and TV. I was confused. At first, I thought Kamen Rider Gaoh was going to show up in TV series, but he didn't. :disappoin

Too bad, Kid Hana didn't turned back to Adult Hana in the finale. I was hoping it would happen, but didn't happen. Oh well. I accept anyway.

I have some problem about this show, not too many problem.

- Kai. Where the heck did he come from? He showed up NO WHERE.
- Like I said about the middle of the show. Movie and TV. Confused.

Looks like I only have two problems. How interesting. I may have miss something about the show.

Here's my rank: (They are all good!) and I'm ignoring Hibiki anyway.

1. Kamen Rider V3
2. Kamen Rider Kabuto
3. Kamen Rider Den-O
4. Kamen Rider Blade
5. Kamen Rider Faiz

Great show, but not the best show ever. I will always love Kamen Rider Den-O and I won't forget!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top