Kamen Rider Black Talkback - May be spoilers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr Kain
  • Start date Start date
Anyway, at least Black RX doesn't suffer from Black's odd story structure, where some important event happens but in the next week there's an unrelated episodic story and that continues for a while.

Yeah, that is the main gripe I have about Black. Shadow Moon's arrival is the biggest piece. He comes, he pretty much says he is going to kill Kotaro, and then he just stands in the corner and sends out more Monsters of the Week for the next several episodes. Not to mention Mara and Kara were completely useless. It's like the writers forgot they were there.
 
Weren't the Galaxy King in Skyrider and Super-1's Telemacro aliens too though?

I'm not sure about Telemacro (although most other Dogma Kingdom members were certainly humans), but Super-1's Jin Dogma was eventually revealed to be an alien organization and there's also the Great Leader itself in both the Stronger and Skyrider versions.

What was that? It's been years since I have seen RX, but I don't recall anything like that.

In the second half of the series, they introduce the concept that Earth's atmosphere is poisonous to people from Crisis, killing them instantly if they don't go through a special treatment and they need a special atmosphere to survive, one that would kill humans. That directly clashes with many early episodes which show people randomly going from Earth to Crisis all the time.

They try to excuse that by briefly mentioning a treatment that the empire members go through before going to Earth, but, in earlier episodes, we also got many resistance members and random people from Crisis appearing on Earth - of course, in order to avoid people questioning that, the second half of the series never mentions the resistance members and Crisis civilians who escaped to Earth again, hoping people would just accept the different atmospheres explanation that they pulled out of nowhere.

And then there's the revelation in the final episode that Crisis was in a parallel universe and was identical to Earth and Earth could become a new Crisis in the future...and its atmosphere had been destroyed by pollution, which is presumably why they wanted Earth (all elements hinted at in the first few episodes, like when they mention that Crisis is distant from Earth, but at the same time not, and also talk about the emperor destroying Crisis' environment but ignored midway through for the whole "incompatible atmosphere" non sense).
 
Last edited:
Yeah, that is the main gripe I have about Black. Shadow Moon's arrival is the biggest piece. He comes, he pretty much says he is going to kill Kotaro, and then he just stands in the corner and sends out more Monsters of the Week for the next several episodes. Not to mention Mara and Kara were completely useless. It's like the writers forgot they were there.

I am still trying to figure how how you know who is saying what when you are watching raws.:sly:
 
So I am up to episode 18 of Knight Rider Black RX and so far, there has only been one episode I truly enjoyed. However, what is up with the monster designs? Black had incredible designs that look realistic and felt like threats. RX's monster designs appear lazy and half assed. Even BioRider and RoboRider look blah, and I don't like how Kotaro is trying to mimic a machine when he is transformed into RoboRider as if he were an actual machine.
 
Even BioRider and RoboRider look blah, and I don't like how Kotaro is trying to mimic a machine when he is transformed into RoboRider as if he were an actual machine.

I think he's basically supposed to be a machine in that form, his King Stone even divides further into several gears.

I liked RX's monster designs, aside from a few exceptions (like the skull monsters in the first episode, which looked really cheap), but they were rather random in general, even considering the specific categories that the show presented...
 
Last edited:
Great, so now the show has decided to resurrect Shadow Moon. -_- I watched those two episodes a little while ago and was saddened that they copped out his death. Talk about lame. His final words to Kotaro no longer hold any meaning.

I just finished episode 25 and I'm starting to have a hard time focusing on it. I even fell asleep during the episode after Shadow Moon's return (23) and got up just as Kotaro was destroying the monster.
 
Great, so now the show has decided to resurrect Shadow Moon.

Well, it's a cheap stunt, but the dialogue does go out of its way to point out that he has no memories of either Shadowmoon or Nobuhiko and is pretty much dead, moving only following the instinct to kill Black.

This is pure speculation, but I think they actually intended to bring him back in a bigger role and with a new suit, but when they were unable to bring back his human actor they decided to just use him as a guest for a couple of episodes. The design of DeathGaron (the robot that appeared in 2 episodes, killed during RoboRider's debut) has a bunch of traits shared with both Black RX and Shadowmoon... Colors, double King Stone, neck armor, a sphere right where the Golgom emblem would be. With some very minor changes he easily could pass of as Shadowmoon RX.

Still, at least they treated him better than the 10 Riders in the last arc...

Talk about lame. His final words to Kotaro no longer hold any meaning.

"Minami Kotaro..."?
 
Last edited:
Yeah, the whole thing "You have to live knowing you killed me" followed by maniacal laughter was just superfluous.
 
I think his return as a mindless creature is one of those things that drives home the "you have killed me," bit. In essence, he did kill him, all that's left is this shell and that's a very real reminder.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top