Kamen Rider Black darker than other shows?

Hey I am starting watching Kamen Rider Black, the storyline is kinda dark and the people are too. Is any other Kamen Rider series like that?
 
Agito has been far from dark. I mean... it can be grim and serious, but not so much dark.

Unless it gets darker past the 40 episode point.
 
It's fairly dark, yeah. Seeing as how it completely sucks to be Minami starting from like, the first 30 seconds of episode #1 until the end.

Then again, how many other Rider series also have an episode where the villains try to hypnotize masses of people with an Idol video? :eplus2:
 
If they do a remake of Kamen Rider V3 I think it would be pretty dark too, considering how they kill his entire family and stuff on the first episode
 
How is Agito dark? Is it really that dar(now I really want to see it so bad) It does'nt look dark to me.:anime:
Serious and grim, that'd be my definition of dark, which made up a good part of what made Agito so good. Compared to shows like Faiz or Ryuki, Agito always seemed more serious. But Black was definitely more dark, which is why I'm not the biggest fan of RX. It just really does away with the ending he had in Black.
 
J-Caizer said:
Agito has been far from dark.

I don't know...I think the Unknowns killing entire families (children included) is darker than Mirror goons pulling a bunch of OLs into mirrors. :shrug: One thing that stuck out to me was Hikawa pulling up to a crime scene and Houjou taking pleasure in telling him that there's "no need to alert the next of kin -- they were killed, too." IMO, Kuuga can be dark like that, too. Episodes 34 & 35, man...just because events are referenced and take place off screen doesn't make the material any less "dark."

Anyway, Black is filmed in an almost horror/thriller style show that helps lend to its atmosphere. The earlier and final episodes are most like this. It tried to modernize what those earlier Fujioka Kamen Rider 1 episodes was going for, a horror-like style, and I think Kuuga certainly went for that a lot, so maybe you'd like Kuuga. Sticking with Kuuga for more than two episodes is the secret...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top