[Video Game] Kamen Rider Battlride War (PS3)

I don't know you guys but why do I have this feeling that this game will be just like Super Sentai Ranger Cross for Wii? In paper it sounds great but so far what we've seen doesn't impress (and eventually turns out to be the worst game I've played in my entire life).
 
I don't know you guys but why do I have this feeling that this game will be just like Super Sentai Ranger Cross for Wii? In paper it sounds great but so far what we've seen doesn't impress (and eventually turns out to be the worst game I've played in my entire life).

Oh please you just summed up all of my feelings so far. I honestly can't see how people would be hyped for this. Those screenshots just ruined it for me.
 
Sounds about right to me... I'm trying to be hopeful that it'll be better.. I'd like to see a minute or two of gameplay so I can really decide for myself. I'm not expecting the game to be ground breaking but something at least on par with dynasty warriors or the first ninety nine nights would make me happy
 
I'm not expecting the game to be ground breaking but something at least on par with dynasty warriors or the first ninety nine nights would make me happy

it's better to compare it with this game IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1Nwa-lREL3A

both starts as a fighting game series in PS2(as do DW's origins in PS1 ironically) and their engines are tweaked into a beat em up for the PS3, and they are both currently TOEI properties(right?)
 
it's better to compare it with this game IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1Nwa-lREL3A

both starts as a fighting game series in PS2(as do DW's origins in PS1 ironically) and their engines are tweaked into a beat em up for the PS3, and they are both currently TOEI properties(right?)

I'd not seen that game before.. it certainly does look fun.. it looks like theres only one character (I may well be wrong) With such a large cast of riders the game is easier to balance if everything is more simple and generic... shame really other wise a watered down DMC style of gameplay could work well
 
I really have issues with their CGI.. if they can make the orange lines on Fourze shine so well in an a baron landscape with no bright light why does W look like like the most dull suit or Rider armour in the world.. the cyclone side should should shine!

Yeahhh I'm gonna have to take back everything I said about the lightning engine.

And wow, they recycled W's heavy combo animation from the CH games lol. The effort put into this game is really starting to show, but whatever.
 
I'd not seen that game before.. it certainly does look fun.. it looks like theres only one character (I may well be wrong) With such a large cast of riders the game is easier to balance if everything is more simple and generic... shame really other wise a watered down DMC style of gameplay could work well

that game has about 20 characters not counting DLC ones IIRC

the only way they could make a focused watered down DMC rider game is if they follow PS3 "anime movie hybrid bundles", in which the games will be based on movies bundled with said games(i.e a megamax game, ultimatum game, and so on), which does not star every single rider ever and actually have a focussed story covering 1 or 2 main rider only(with several other riders as extra playables during subsequent playthrough)

one game that does exactly that is Genealogy of Justice, which feels like a movie-game(too bad the genre is RE-ish as opposed to DMC ish)
 
Yeahhh I'm gonna have to take back everything I said about the lightning engine.

And wow, they recycled W's heavy combo animation from the CH games lol. The effort put into this game is really starting to show, but whatever.

I very much doubt the company that did the CGI for the riders also made the game, it was probably out sourced to the company that do it for the TV shows.. however they perhaps should have sen't it back until the video looked correct...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top