K-Dramas Released in 2024 on the Major Streaming Platforms

What an impressive effort to compile this list! As someone who’s retired, I have more time to watch dramas, but even I can’t keep up with this many releases. I was thrilled to see Serendipity’s Embrace included. It was such a heartfelt story, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it for days. However, I wasn’t a fan of Wedding Impossible. The humor felt forced, and the chemistry between the leads was lacking. I’m also surprised you didn’t mention Behind Every Star. It was one of the most nuanced portrayals of the entertainment industry I’ve seen in a while. Perhaps it didn’t make your radar? Either way, I’ll be revisiting this list often as I plan my next binge. Thank you for your dedication to the K-drama world!
“Behind Every Star” is on Netflix and I have started watching it. But it was a limited series released in 2022. This list is only for 2024 K-dramas.
 
Hmmm.. I appreciate you including niche picks like Knight Flower and My Name is Loh Kiwan. Those kinds of dramas often go unnoticed. I’d also love to see more commentary on the themes or cultural context behind some of these stories. For example, Hierarchy has so much potential for a deeper conversation about class struggles in modern Korea.
Knight Flower addressed being a widow in Joseon. If your husband is dead, your life is over! But the widow chose a meaningful life work. I liked that!

My Name is Loh Kiwan pretty much shows what most folks from other countries go through when they try to emigrate and start over. The majority of countries do not welcome foreigners with open arms.

In Hierarchy, all I could think was how scary that rich girl's father was. What's the point of wealth and luxury when your dad is so nasty! YUK!
 
What an impressive effort to compile this list! As someone who’s retired, I have more time to watch dramas, but even I can’t keep up with this many releases. I was thrilled to see Serendipity’s Embrace included. It was such a heartfelt story, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it for days. However, I wasn’t a fan of Wedding Impossible. The humor felt forced, and the chemistry between the leads was lacking. I’m also surprised you didn’t mention Behind Every Star. It was one of the most nuanced portrayals of the entertainment industry I’ve seen in a while. Perhaps it didn’t make your radar? Either way, I’ll be revisiting this list often as I plan my next binge. Thank you for your dedication to the K-drama world!
The search box is good. But there's nothing like having a quick list. You're welcome.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top